Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Max Surf 👎

Hoping someone can lead me right direction here. I purchased a Moomba Max and love it, but with the stock 3k lb ballast I have found no setup that gives you a surfable wake. Short of adding a lot more weight I have not found any setup that works. Essentially there is very little pocket(all white wash), no lift, small wake and impossible without a rope..even with lots off people weighting it down. I have tried numerous setups from full ballast to wake plate adjustments to autowake..none work. If anyone has this boat you understand it is massive and deep(great storage ��), all I can figure is the boat is so buoyant I will have to add a lot more weight. Thanks in advance for your help!

To be honest, 3000lbs is nothing for that size boat. You will need a lot more weight.

As for surf plate and wake plate settings, what have you tried? You should be somewhere around 55-65% on surfplate and 0-15% on the wake plate. Also what speed are you at? You should start at around 10.5mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

^agreed. I was not impressed with the stock surf wave either. Now with a pair of 720’s midship and 400lbs of lead (most or all in bow depending on crew size) it is an absolute monster.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

OMG Scottburd17! Have I been where you are at. It is extremely frustrating to have a crappy wave especially with my old Surf Edition LSV. My Max is brand new, and I don't have it completely sorted yet. BUT When I demoed the max. I knew the wake sucked just by looking at it and was very nervous to buy an 80k boat like that. However, We installed our 910lb bags from the lSV in our midship lockers. THIS IS A MUST. No way around it. Now, I think we need a bow sack or some extra up weight front. Yesterday we had about 12 people in the boat and it was pretty darn good, but do not usually have that big of a crew.
    Once again, midship ballast, and 4-500lbs in the bow as other have stated.

BTW- If anyone knows of a Autowake how to please post.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Default Moomba Max Surf

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    OMG Scottburd17! Have I been where you are at. It is extremely frustrating to have a crappy wave especially with my old Surf Edition LSV. My Max is brand new, and I don't have it completely sorted yet. BUT When I demoed the max. I knew the wake sucked just by looking at it and was very nervous to buy an 80k boat like that. However, We installed our 910lb bags from the lSV in our midship lockers. THIS IS A MUST. No way around it. Now, I think we need a bow sack or some extra up weight front. Yesterday we had about 12 people in the boat and it was pretty darn good, but do not usually have that big of a crew.
    Once again, midship ballast, and 4-500lbs in the bow as other have stated.

BTW- If anyone knows of a Autowake how to please post.
    There’s a MASSIVE Autowake topic on the forum.

AutoWake questions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

2017 Moomba Craz

The Max is a great boat but it needs lots of weight. I run. 1280s in the back lockers, 900 under the side seats, and maybe a few ounces of lead in addition to the factory center bag.

I may or may not have over 6000lbs of weight before people.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default Moomba Max Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    The Max is a great boat but it needs lots of weight. I run. 1280s in the back lockers, 900 under the side seats, and maybe a few ounces of lead in addition to the factory center bag.

I may or may not have over 6000lbs of weight before people.

Last edited by Boonejeepin; 05-28-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Just bought a moomba Max (yesterday)left over from 2018. I need to get wave dialed in. What are my options? Bigger bags in rear lockers? Lead? Wake shaper? Where is a good online place to buy lead and plug and play bags? A little frustrated but I have fun even hanging on to the rope but got to get it fixed.

Default Moomba Max Surf

You will definitely not need a wave shaper. You already have a surf system on there.

Get the biggest bags you can fit into the rear lockers. And look at adding 900 pound bags or close to that under the mid ship seats. If you do not have an integrated bow sack then you will want to add that as well.

Leadwake.com for “lead” weight. Wakemakers for ballast bags.

2017 Moomba Craz

Did you you demo the max before buying? My dealer was able to set it up good with stock ballast and only 3 people in the boat, smart plate at 0 and adjust to clean up wave. If you take the time to research before buying it would be apparent that you need more weight, I bought the wakemakers kit and lead before I even ordered my Max. Also one of the Skiers choice guys did a good thread on Autowake and makes a lot of suggestions on setting for the tabs.
    2019 Moomba Max