Default Boat show sale process

I am planning to purchase an ’07 LSV to take advantage of the boat show incentives and have a couple of questions on the sale process:
    1.) are transportation and boat prep included in MSRP (website configurator) or is that in addition? What do dealers typically charge for trans and boat prep?
    2.) are boat show incentives only honored the week of the boat show or is there some carryover if you haven’t inked a deal yet?
    3.) when you place an order at the boat show, how much do they want down versus at delivery?
    4.) is there anything else that the dealer may try to charge you for in addition to MSRP?

any help would be appreciated, thx.

Default Re: Boat show sale process

Quote Originally Posted by njwlog
    I am planning to purchase an ’07 LSV to take advantage of the boat show incentives and have a couple of questions on the sale process:
    2.) are boat show incentives only honored the week of the boat show or is there some carryover if you haven’t inked a deal yet?
    3.) when you place an order at the boat show, how much do they want down versus at delivery?
    Often a few hundred down will seal the incentives.

First,
    Welcome to the forum!

Let's see if I can help...

1) Transportation is EXTRA. It is a Dealer cost and is different (and greater) the farther away from Skier's choice you are. "Prep" also ranges from dealer to dealer $500-$1500 is a good range for both together I think.

2.) Incentives are on from November to about February. They cover the boat show "season" - not just your show. So you can get the same deal a week after your particular show, it is incentive to buy during the winter months and let the dealer clear out the inventory so they can get more boats in for the busy season (where people pay more)

3.) 10% down is standard from my knowledge.

4.) Additional fees and registration costs are standard for all boat purchases. Depending on your state - you may need to have insurance before your purchase.

5) MSRP can be negotiated slightly as well - so even though there may be a few extra costs, in the end, you are probably going to get the boat for well under msrp after the incentives and what your dealer is willing to part with.

6) Remember - make NICE with your dealer - they are your point of contact with the factory and your new toy's life for the next few years. When that tiny problem arrises, they may just say, "yeah, bring it in, I'll take care of you" or "i have an opeining in 4 weeks and there is a $50 diagnosis fee".

Hope this helps,

Joe

Also, when I bought me Outback ('04 model) at the Mid Summer Boat show in Charlotte, I took one of the displays and only had to pay sales tax, tags, and title.
    There were no additional charges. The boat was freshly waxed and full of gas when I took delivery a week later.
    Don't know if I was lucky or what.
    As far as my dealers' customer service, I've been one of those bring 'er in and I'll fix you up ppl Joe mentioned. However, I let them do my service during the warranty period and I buy my yearly impeller, 303, and what-nots through/from. And I am as courteous to them as there are to me.
    Hope this helps
    B

Incentives DO NOT apply during the whole boat show season as stated above. They only apply during your purchasing dealer's (and hopefully local) boat shows.

Thanks Jon.

(He's a dealer - he knows more than I do.)

-Joe

Right Jon, mine was "if you buy it now (meaning @ the boat show), you get it for this with these choices". He even went as far as to say the prices would be higher after the show was over.
    Hope this helps
    B

My wife and I just bought an '07 Mobius LSV at our local boat show. We found that the delivery/prep was about $1500 (we are in Washington so that's quite a ways from the factory and reasonable in my opinion).

We put down $1000 so that the dealer could get our production slot. We plan on putting 20% down at purchase, but that will be between us and the lender. The dealer didn't care one way or another.

Beyond delivery and options the dealer didn't charge us anything beyond MSRP.

We got a heck of a deal with the pick 4 program (pick 4 out of 8 possible popular options at N/C) this saved us over $3000 in extras.

In talking with the dealer he said that they do about 1/3 of their business for the year the week of the boat show so they are willing to do some really good deals. (he went $1000 below the sitcker on the base price)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of you input.

So at the end of the day, do you guys think it is reasonable to offer MSRP, (in other words, have the dealer eat the prep/delivery). I don’t want any options other than the 4 free ones offered by the boat show incentive. Can I get any lower? I am not trying to stick it to the dealer, but I am also trying not to get screwed!