Default ballast gauge adjustment?

so we were out surfing and I was filling the ballasts. The rear bags started pouring water out the vent holes at about 81%. I turned off the pumps and checked the bags and sure enough they were rock hard, full of water. The center bag, which I can't actually check was spilling out the vent at around 92%

Is there a way to re calibrate the timers?
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

It’s in the Menu. If it’s a 2017/18 is under Vessel Settings IIRC. Click on Ballast and then cycle through to set which ever bag you want to full or empty. Then you need to adjust your timers so that they stop at 100%. You can use a stopwatch in your phone to see how long it takes to fill each bag. Then use that time in your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

What he said ^^

Also note that fill times will be longer at idle then they will be at any higher RPM because the boat is running at a higher voltage, therefore the pumps are turning faster. I have my timers set for how long it takes to fill at idle but frequently fill while just over idle putting out to the riding spot, so the bags will be full early. I like to set the timers for the longer time, then you can manually override them to full if they fill early.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Assuming bags have vent lines, is there an issue running them past 100%?

At idle mine fill perfect, cruising and filling they were full faster but just vented the extra water.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Assuming bags have vent lines, is there an issue running them past 100%?

At idle mine fill perfect, cruising and filling they were full faster but just vented the extra water.

No. They will just purge the extra if you have the vents that exit overboard.

2017 Moomba Craz

I have seen some problems from overfilling with my 2018 with G6 pumps. Since there are 2 pumps per bag and only one vent line overboard it can create excess pressure. It's never blown a line off off a fitting, but it has popped the engine dividers out of their track (even though I've got the updated aluminum tracks), pinched the vent line under the fiberglass near where the lift strut mounts, and broke the bracket for one of the pumps behind the finish panel in the rear (presumably because of flexing the panel into it. Most of those are related to having upgraded bags, but I believe part of it is overfilling those big bags. I choose to set my timers just shy of "Blown up like a balloon" full.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    No. They will just purge the extra if you have the vents that exit overboard.

Thanks for confirming, I just didn’t want to have to adjust for idle and above idle filling.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I like to fill (and empty) at idle while getting things ready (or stowing things back in storage) and talking about what to expect and how we failed to meet those expectations!!!!
    I will see if I can figure out how to re set the timers so they show more accurately on the display
    Thanks for all the help
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

So let's say I manage to figure out how to get the timer adjusted for the ballast fill time. I guess I know the bag is full when it spills out the vent. How do I adjust the empty timer? How do I know when the bag is totally empty? Maybe the rear bags I can see, but the center bag is under the floor.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    -Jim

Listen to the pumps. They change sound drastically when they're empty. Running them dry for too long (minutes not seconds) WILL wear th more quickly, so pay attention while learning and setting up the boat.