I’m a complete beginner and in the same boat as you (I’m 33 and bought a Craz) while learning the worst I’ve done is a catch a toeside edge which rings your bell/headache for 30-40 min and that’s it. Always get up the next morning and don’t feel really any soreness. Yesterday was my 6th time up on a wakeboard. I have some partial rotator cuff tears and need some physical therapy/PRP injections but I’m being careful and even that hasn’t gotten any worse.

Wake to wake and grabs, and even inverts (if you learn them the right way) are pretty harmless. My understanding is that any spin is where you really take a beating.

I’ve had a lot of compliments on the wake behind the Craz. It’s a very gradual ramp with no ballast, not super peaky, and very clean at lower speeds. Seems great to learn on in my opinion.

Ballast makes the peak higher and you can get some serious air once your skill set is where it needs to be. But like a coach told me last month, “with wakeboarding, ballast is earned”.

Here’s the wake at 18mph. Wakeplate at 50, about 1,500 of people and lead in the boat.

The boat surfs great stock too. 500# of lead wakes it up a bit. Really happy with it all around, was finding push 25-30’ back yesterday.