Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Also this one with a spring type latch. I wonder if this would rattle? https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Pla...VH&srpt=LADDER
    I have the spring latch on my max. Mine does not rattle.

Just be particular on how for forward or back you mount it as it can be in a position where it is a pain to open and close the ladder because it can be a tight squeeze for your fingers between the swim platform and ladder.

Just need to learn how to open and close it with palms up vs instinctively grabbing it on top, if that makes any sense at all.

I can also see that rubber latch being a pain to get on and off when it is all the way under the platform.

Mine is mounted completely under the swim platform where it may be designed to stick out an inch or 2.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I understand what you mean about placement and I can envision it being a pinch point if mounted close to the edge. Good to know yours does not rattle. Is it the same brand in the link?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

The one I got was Dasmarine. I would imagine they probably are all the same and just rebranded.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Thanks for the input. Sent the link to the wife so she could order for Xmas. I’ll report back any issues with it. Going to mount it with 4200 and screws so it should hopefully be secure for my 230 lb ass
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I'm also wanting to add this but have one question for anyone who has already installed it;

For all of the 3-4 step ladders on Amazon, it seems they all share the same basic design for pullout and extension of the ladder. When the ladder is in the extended (climbable) position, what is preventing the extended portion from swinging underneath the boat when someone tries to climb it?

It appears from the pictures that it would just swing on the sliding screws and create an awkward angle for someone trying to get up. What prevents that from happening?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it now, there's a bottom runner that would block it.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Is it difficult/awkward to stow the ladder after everyone is back in the boat?
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Is it difficult/awkward to stow the ladder after everyone is back in the boat?
    A bit lat here but yeah.
    It's doable but it's not easy and you're bending over trying to shove it in there.
    I close it while in the water and then climb up.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Thanks for the input. Sent the link to the wife so she could order for Xmas. I’ll report back any issues with it. Going to mount it with 4200 and screws so it should hopefully be secure for my 230 lb ass
    I saw a ladder in your Christmas post on the general chat, Did you install it yet? If so, any input on how far from the back lip you placed it?
    2018 Max

Quote Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
    I saw a ladder in your Christmas post on the general chat, Did you install it yet? If so, any input on how far from the back lip you placed it?
    Sadly I haven’t had time to drive down to the storage and install it. I’ll take some pics when I do.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Cool, I only have the wake maker’s to install. Got room for a couple more projects.
    2018 Max