Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Care to share what size drill bit you used to pre-drill the screw holes?
    I don’t remember the exact size. I think I just got one that looked as thick as the screws minus the threads. I did mark the bit for depth so I would not drill too far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks for the response - that’s my plan....eyeball the bit diameter and tape it for depth.

I installed the ladder yesterday. Pretty straightforward. I purchased the one that stows via spring pressure and clip on either side of the frame. Pretty slick actually. There is a small handle after the last rung and after a lot of careful thought I decided it would be best for that handle to be just inside the platform to prevent it from being in the way when sitting on the deck with feet in the water or if someone has a wakeboard on and settling into the late. The only problem now is it there is a potential pinch point when deploying the ladder between that handle and the swim deck lip.

So....if I were to do it again I would likely choose a ladder with a strap and snap to secure it when stowed. For what it’s worth.

I did use 5200 and the 1-1/4 stainless screws that came with it. It’s never coming off now

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    I installed the ladder yesterday. Pretty straightforward. I purchased the one that stows via spring pressure and clip on either side of the frame. Pretty slick actually. There is a small handle after the last rung and after a lot of careful thought I decided it would be best for that handle to be just inside the platform to prevent it from being in the way when sitting on the deck with feet in the water or if someone has a wakeboard on and settling into the late. The only problem now is it there is a potential pinch point when deploying the ladder between that handle and the swim deck lip.

So....if I were to do it again I would likely choose a ladder with a strap and snap to secure it when stowed. For what it’s worth.

I did use 5200 and the 1-1/4 stainless screws that came with it. It’s never coming off now
    Got any pics of your install?

I would like to get the same style I had on my previous Yamaha jet boat. I think it was made by Windline. It had a little rubber strap to keep it retracted and offered good solid support.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

as well. I think this is the next spend of monies for us. got a few that we want to invite but not sure they can get back into the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've been considering adding a ladder to my SA.

My question is what are people holding on to as they climb in?
    Kind of tough to climb a ladder with nowhere to put your hands no?
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post

Good question as we did have a grab handle above the ladder on the Yamaha. My guess would be to use the edge of the swim deck until high enough up to use the rear grab handle on the stern?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post

You could always get an old ski handle and attach it to the grab handle whenever you put the ladder out.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Got any pics of your install?

I would like to get the same style I had on my previous Yamaha jet boat. I think it was made by Windline. It had a little rubber strap to keep it retracted and offered good solid support.

Bump to the top. My wife is asking what I want for Christmas and one of the gifts is for sure a ladder. Tired of running the pumps just to drop the ass end. I'm having an issue finding one with a strap like I had on my Yamaha. Anyone found one that is a 3 or 4 step telescoping ladder with a strap that won't break the bank? I searched for Windline WND SM-4XB which is what I believe came on my Yamaha and that thing is like over $400!!! No way I'm paying that lol. Reason I want one with a strap is to hopefully alleviate any rattles that the other styles of ladders that just sit in a slot are said to do.

Edit - found this one https://www.amazon.com/Marinebaby-St...VH&srpt=LADDER. Might give it a try. Not many reviews though...
    Last edited by haknslash; 11-26-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Also this one with a spring type latch. I wonder if this would rattle? https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Pla...VH&srpt=LADDER
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold