Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Ladder for Moomba Max?

Has anyone had any success mounting a ladder under the swim platform on a Max (or Helix or Makai for that matter)? I’ve searched this forum and found a couple of threads where people started the project but I can’t tell if they ever finished it. Also, most of the threads are so old that the associated pictures are no longer available. We’ve got some older friends and parents that will be going out with us from time to time and I’d hate for somebody to get hurt trying to push themselves up into the platform. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    2019 Moomba MAX

If you can't manage a ladder, the platform goes a couple of inches under water when ballasts are full. This might help people get back in.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

^^^ +1 we just add some rear ballast to lower the platform. Takes no time while heading into the cove. I had a ladder on my previous boat (Yamaha jet) and really loved the ladder but I'm not big into unsightly bolts and washers in my new swim platform plus I don't want to risk messing up the wave, so just add ballast for the time being and it works out pretty good.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Same problem. My 75 year old mom is bummed she won't be able to climb a ladder back in, and I borrowed money from her for the downpayment! I do have a couple old ski/wake handles that I'm gonna try putting a clip on and hanging from the transom, but I'm worried they may step on a wakeplate or put pressure on it somehow, that can't be good, but I'll see what happens. I think I read on here others have done that.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I added a ladder to the platform on my Mojo. Lag bolted it from the bottom and put a good bit of 3M 5200 to help secure it without the need for through bolts. Works great and has been going strong for a couple years now with use from 200+ lb people. Will try to dig up an old picture.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

I had my canvas guy make me a removable ladder out of 3” strap material. We added a weight at end to help stabilize. I designed it after a PWC ladder. That way I didn’t have to screw into my boat. I only have to bring it out with a few people that need a little more help. I will have to get pictures if you would like to see it.
    2007 xlv

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I had my canvas guy make me a removable ladder out of 3” strap material. We added a weight at end to help stabilize. I designed it after a PWC ladder. That way I didn’t have to screw into my boat. I only have to bring it out with a few people that need a little more help. I will have to get pictures if you would like to see it.
    That sounds interesting, I’d like to see the pics on that.

I got this from Amazon, but haven't used it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hardline-Prod.../dp/B0022ZYK20

But David Langston put a legit standless fold down ladder on his Mojo and it came out pretty damn nice.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Here is the one David installed under his Mojo's platform....super clean install and no adverse effect on wave & wake...

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

This Looks Good and its easy to hook up and release .... ?

https://amzn.to/2YNEfWz