Threaded View

Default Gravity III upgrade

I wanted to share my experience upgrading my 2006 Sunsport Gravity Games III ballast. I recently purchased this boat as a project and I really have no experience with the way the factory system worked.

The center ballast I left the factory bag 1180 installed and retained the factory drain pump. I used the factory Rule pump to feed just the center tank. I left the scupper intake as is, I didn’t want to cut it apart so instead of using a sprinkler valve to prevent auto fill I installed a 2 wire 3/4” electric ball valve and used the existing wire to the sprinkler valve. Works great!!

In the left and right rear lockers I installed 1100lb fat sacs. The factory Johnson drain pumps didn’t work so I replaced with Piranha 800 pumps. I also installed two new intakes with Piranha 800 pumps dedicated to each ballast tank. I used the existing left and right wires from the sprinkler valves for the fill pumps. I changed out the 3 amp fuses to 10amp. I had to disconnect the center pump wires from the left and right switches so it wouldn’t turn on when I’m trying to fill left or right ballast. I also installed vent lines since they didn’t have that from the factory. Just used a Y and check valve and tapped into the drain line.

I used as much existing 3/4 line as possible. Everything I ordered except the electric ball valve came from WakeMakers for around $290. $45 for the electric ball valve. I originally ordered the Tsunami pumps but they were out of stock so they sent me the Piranhas at no extra charge.

Went to the lake last Tuesday it it works great. I didn’t record any fill times, I can do that tomorrow when we go out.

Great mod if your on a budget.

Couldn’t upload any picture, sorry
    Last edited by Turbinesurgeon; 05-26-2019 at 11:15 AM.