Default Dynamat Noise Reduction Install - Craz

I installed a Fresh Air Exhaust to my 2017 Craz expect the same noise reduction as my previous Moombas, however this was not the case. This Craz was still loud as hell even with the FEA, we'd still have to yell over the engine noise or turn up the music volume. Not what I wanted.

I was pretty skeptical about the amount of noise reduction from installing Dynamat, but overall it really seemed to help.

The Dynmat adds heft/thickness/sound deadening to the engine compartment.

1. Removed the carpet from the backside of the bench seat engine compartment.
    2. Installed 2 layers of Dynamat, then 1 layer of Dynapad, then reinstalled the carpet using contact cement.
    3. Repeat the same layers for the lower bilge access panel - (This is where a lot of noise comes from).
    4. Used the leftovers to cover the engine panel dividers.

$278.24 for the materials and 2-3 hours for the install.

(1) Dynamat 10455 18" x 32" x 0.067" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener with Xtreme Bulk Pack, (Set of 9)
    (2) Dynamat 11102 Dynaliner 32" x 54" x 1/4" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sSLaqFU9QYaPZpEr6
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I did similar on the new boat, but just used cheap amazon sound deadening mat. Put it in the transmission access area and the panel between the rear seat and engine. Made a big difference and only spent around $50. Figured the carpeted panels were insulated enough. Now, with FAE and the mat, at 30mph can carry on a conversation with the windshield closed.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I literally just did this today, but I just used Noico on the transmission cover. I removed it and put the sound deadener all over the inside of it. I also bought a waterproof adhesive foam from Noico (both from Amazon) but I wanted to see if just the 1st layer would be enough.

I will contemplate pulling the carpet and doing the back seat wall too but that is going to be a far bigger job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I just bought a ‘21 Moomba Craz and am shocked out how load it is. I have 7 hrs. So far. Am taking it back to the dealer for inspection post breaking period and will have them look at it. Seems like most of the noise is coming from the V-Drive. Or that compartment. Is this normal? Would you recommend a Dynamat? How does the Noico compare?

Yeah most
    Come from the v-drive cover. I used Noico 80 mil mat and it helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I just bought a ‘21 Moomba Craz and am shocked out how load it is. I have 7 hrs. So far. Am taking it back to the dealer for inspection post breaking period and will have them look at it. Seems like most of the noise is coming from the V-Drive. Or that compartment. Is this normal? Would you recommend a Dynamat? How does the Noico compare?
    There are two other posts on here about noise or sound reduction. See if you can find them. I think one is under Moomba Modifications and look what others, including myself, have done. It works. Shame the factory doesn't do this.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

PXL_20210528_225609107.MP.jpg
    I did the trans tunnel and the floor, makes a good bit of difference.
    2020 Supra SA