Hybrid View

Default Upgrade from ‘13 Mojo?

I’ve not been on the forum for a while so I’m a bit out of the loop. We’ve had our ‘13 Mojo since it was new, had a few issues to work through in the first year but it’s been flawless since. We love the boat. We’ve done quite a few upgrades... added flow, updated platform mounts, Exile audio throughout, evolution custom cover and platform cover, rear and bow ballast, different prop, etc.

We surf the majority of the time. We do a little wake boarding, skiing, tubing and otherwise just cruise or hang out near the beach. I don’t think we’d want to go any smaller than our current Mojo.

I guess I have three questions...

1) What can I likely sell / trade my Mojo for $$$?
    2) What boat would you recommend as a replacement?
    3) Are any of the newer Moomba (or Supra) boats that much of a wave performance upgrade to justify a higher sticker price and worth going back to making a boat payment?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

If you're happy with it, why change? You can make that wave as good as any of the newer boats, unless you're talking Supra SE or something.

The only reason I'd upgrade from my 14 Mondo is to get more space (i.e., Max).
    2019 Supra SL450

I agree with Shoebox.

The ONLY real difference is that you have the old “Flow” plates vs the current trim tab style surf system. You won’t really gain a ton of improvements by upgrading.

The newer surf tabs probably can get a better wave than you have now, but I’m not sure how much better.

The question is what can you get for your boat and jump into a new one. Your boat will only continue to drop in value and the newer boats seem to be getting more and more expensive so it’s a decision on whether you want to get into another payment or just “drive it into the ground” as they say.

The main thing people tend to look at is hours on a boat and it’s condition so long as you don’t have a buttload off hours on the boat or if the vinyl is trashed, it will sell easily.

I have a buddy that sold his 2010 LSV for under $40k last year and just took delivery of a 2019 22 MXZ. Massive price difference. I’ve yet to ride on it yet as he still only has 2hrs on it. We’ll see if it makes a surf wave worth the additional $80k he had to fork out on what he sold his old boat for.

Is it beautiful and has every bell and whistle you can think of? Sure! But I’d have a tough time dropping that kind of money on a new boat myself. I thought my 2017 Craz was pricey....lol

2017 Moomba Craz

Although we’re happy with the ‘13 Mojo... like any surfer we’d always appreciate a better wave. I also like the idea of the automatic flow / autowake as that can be a struggle. I also worry about the value of my boat and how quick it depreciates... when is the right time to trade up?

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Although we’re happy with the ‘13 Mojo... like any surfer we’d always appreciate a better wave. I also like the idea of the automatic flow / autowake as that can be a struggle. I also worry about the value of my boat and how quick it depreciates... when is the right time to trade up?

I'd drop the $4k + installation on GSA for your boat, or $4k installed for the Flow 2.0 and keep what you have. You will not get a better wave from a new boat if you have one of these systems.

Autowake doesn't seem to work very well for surf, anyway.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I'd drop the $4k + installation on GSA for your boat, or $4k installed for the Flow 2.0 and keep what you have. You will not get a better wave from a new boat if you have one of these systems.

Autowake doesn't seem to work very well for surf, anyway.
    Yep. Drop the money on the GSA and you will be on par with the latest Moombas. It’s will cost you a lot less in the long run.

From my experience once you start getting close to 350-400hrs people start to get unnecessarily worried.

2017 Moomba Craz

2013 Mojo is the 2.5, changed to Supra competition hull in 15 with the additional 6", from 22'6" to 23'. Just something to consider.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

all we do is surf as well. if it was my coin I'd keep the mojo if you are happy with the overall boat. even going to a new moomba it's going to cost ya 20k+. is that worth a tad longer and taller wave? for some yes, for us no.

and best time to sell is spring(now). best time to buy is fall/winter and pick up a holdover.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten