Thread: surf gate

Default surf gate

So we got our first runs in and this is the first time I ever used these types of systems. Wakeboarding was great and seems to be easy enough to configure the wake, but surfing is different.

I guess the only thing that seemed abnormal is when surfing on the right side, the surf gate on the display only went to 55. It made a wave and all, but it didn't look very clean or long.

Center ballast was at 95, starboard ballast at 95 and port ballast at 65. Had my wife sit in rear starboard corner. Wakeplate at 100.

We didn't surf on the left side yet, so I didn't look at that one.

Should the surf gate go to 100 when the switch is in "surf right" position?
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Default surf gate

No surf gate at 100 will NOT give the best wave. Typically somewhere between 55-65% is the right area to make the best wave. Also wake plate (center) should be at 0-15%. If that was 100% no wonder it was flat. The more you deploy it the flatter the wake or wave is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    No surf gate at 100 will NOT give the best wave. Typically somewhere between 55-65% is the right area to make the best wave.
    Thank you for your help. 55 - 65% you say, but I only got it to 55 maximum. Is it capable of 100? Would be nice to be able to play around with it at least to the 65% you mention. Any ideas why it never got past 55?

Also, how do I set it to the percentage I like. I only get it to switch either left or right, I don't see any adjustments for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Also wake plate (center) should be at 0-15%. If that was 100% no wonder it was flat. The more you deploy it the flatter the wake or wave is.
    So that's where I went wrong!

Would still like to bet the left/right surf gates (tabs?) to reach their intended maximum.

Thanks again
    -Jim
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

You use the buttons under the screen that line up with the up and down arrows, while you’re on the screen that shows the all the plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

thank you so much