Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Have you been on a SE at 17mph? I'm not sure that big of a boat would have a clean wake.
    2018 Supra SL400

That's good to know that the Max puts out a clean wake at that low of speed. I demo'd the max at normal 21mph and it had a wake that shot me into a different zipcode. I had to drain down ballast and it was still meaty and big. definitely the real deal. I enjoy an intermediate wake, I typically ride my XLV at only 1180 front ballast.

I'll probably end up with a Max eventually as my next boat. A lot of the "creature comforts" that are most valuvable (stereo, LED's, racks, etc) are things that can all be added to any boat, so I don't stress too much on those. Sure, I was on a new Supra this weekend and I was loving the tower/stern cameras on the big display. But it wasn't a MUST HAVE.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Have you been on a SE at 17mph? I'm not sure that big of a boat would have a clean wake.
    I have not! Good point we are moving up from a 21'6" boat of the 2011 VLX to 22 - 24 ft boats.
    Didn't think of that! Maybe the sweet spot is indeed 22-23 ft??

Really surfing performance is the reason we are moving up from the VLX.
    She's great at 16mph wakeboarding generally.
    We can no where near use its wakeboarding potential at 50 years old to be honest if we dialed that wakeboard wake up with more speed.
    Sure we jump a little.. but if we yard sale it... it takes a few days to recover now-a-days.

But we have outgrown its surfing potential without plumbing in plug and play bags (we have some but she hates manual filling them and so do I).
    We also have a manual surf gate and while it works great.. we are wanting to move beyond that as well.

So that's where she's at.

Without good wakeboarding at that speed (17 is fine).. the boat is a clear cut no go regardless of its surfing performance.
    Once we meet that threshold then its surfing performance as obviously from above explanation, its really the major reason why we are moving away from the VLX.

other than now autowake potentially... dang it.. its like heated seats.. once you have it... its hard to go back...
    Last edited by andrewd; 05-20-2019 at 03:41 PM.

If you need small size, I’d look at a newer sr. Awesome boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Moomba Flow and Supra Swell systems are different.

I think I understand most of the major differences.. however really we are not nor will we ever be top tier athletes especially at our age.
    So it has become now more of what is the experience behind the boat and the rest really doesn't matter how its accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    If you need small size, I’d look at a newer sr. Awesome boat

I'd like something larger than the VLX this time around if possible. 22+ would be nice.
    Most days its plenty big.
    Its just those few days a year it would be nice to have some more room on the boat.

Go with a used sa in my opinion. The new moomba will be nice, but will depreciate the most being new and moomba. A used 16 or 17 sa can be had around 90 and below I’d say

Quote Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
    other than now autowake potentially... dang it.. its like heated seats.. once you have it... its hard to go back...
    I hear ya on the car analogy. I am now hooked on heated seats, heated steering wheel, power liftgate, proximity key, auto headlights, auto wipers... <3
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Go with a used sa in my opinion. The new moomba will be nice, but will depreciate the most being new and moomba. A used 16 or 17 sa can be had around 90 and below I’d say

Clean wake at 16 or 17?

If you look at the 17s and like the space of the SG, those have Autowake, gen 1. But they are harder to find because they did not make that many.

SE and SA are more popular. SE was designed in 2019, SA will be on 2020. Lots of deals if you look around.

Where is your location?

2018 Supra SL400