Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Cool man, thanks! I really appreciate that!

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

17mph,50%plate,350# front ballast

17mph,50% plate, 350# front 100# left

The video is better, it can be cleaned up, just not going to spend my whole night tuning it.

SA will do what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why didn't you try 100% plate?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Why didn't you try 100% plate?
    Because I simply edited a known wakeboard preset and that called for 50% plate.

Broke Pilot suggested adding some front ballast which gave a clean starboard side, so I added some port rear ballast which cleaned up the port side but dirtied up the starboard.

Maybe more wake plate would help, but honestly, just trying to help out Andrew.

I will never use a 17mph setting. My son rides at 22-23ish.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sorry, the gulf of Conroe has just been a washing machine last few days. Can’t get anything done with this west wind.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I am still hanging in here guys and appreciate it! We sold our VLX last friday (two days on the market!) so we have time, we are not rushing on this.
    Its a big purchase and not one that occurs yearly for us.. so getting it right is mostly my concern.
    I think its probably going to be an SA when we get there, however I just wish a SE or SG could do it as well.
    There just seems to be plenty of SE's around..
    15 SE's are easier to swallow price wise, but I really have a sneakin suspicion that that smaller wakeplate just ain't going to lift the arse enough to have a hope in h*ll to get the the wake clean enough down at 17. Maybe the 16+ with the larger plate... but it is starting to feel like the sweet spot for a decent all around wakeboat/surf boat is 22ft'ish. little smaller side for more wakeboard focus.. a little larger for more surf focus.. but that's just a feelin.

I guess the last thing I'll throw out there: is Autowake (at least in 2017 version) really worth the chase compared to a 2016? Meaning.. I know when we demo'd the 19 Max it had the G6 ballast pump option and that all "appeared" to be smakin great (I wasn't driving and more focused out the back of the boat). But the 17's don't have the G6 option in the Supra's. So I guess what I am asking here on this point: is it worth the upcharge to upgrade to the 17's over the 16's? I guess I should also ask: is this same question worth asking for surfing vs wakeboarding? Its a really valid point to me. Because if Autowake in the 2017 version really needs the G6 ballast pumps to work great then maybe its not worth the premium and I could look at 2016's. Comments?
    Last edited by andrewd; 06-08-2019 at 09:27 PM.

So I have a 2017 Mojo with Autowake and I would say it is still a worth while feature even if you do not have G6. We only have G3 and while it may react slower to changes that occur once underway it still does a fantastic job and maybe one this to try and do is just limit changes while under way once it has achieved. I think where autowake truly shines is wakeboarding where you need that perfect ballast port to starboard. It worked well for surfing but my complains that I still ask people to move. She says what good is autowake if you still need people to move, she doesn't quite get the whole you need all the ballast possible and autowake will drain itself if people do not move to achieve its goals.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have a ‘17 SG and absolutely love it. We did a back to back demo with it and the SA and the choice was clear to us which one to go with. I was however lucky enough to have a good friend with an SE so I had an idea of the boats true potential with correct weight. Wakeboard wake is fantastic and the surf wake is ridiculous.

86 Supra Sunsport
    16 MB Sports F21

Quote Originally Posted by wario View Post
    I have a ‘17 SG and absolutely love it. We did a back to back demo with it and the SA and the choice was clear to us which one to go with. I was however lucky enough to have a good friend with an SE so I had an idea of the boats true potential with correct weight. Wakeboard wake is fantastic and the surf wake is ridiculous.

Money right there. What setup on surf wave?

Quote Originally Posted by wario View Post

Can you get me a clean wake at 17?

Andrew

I’ll be back down with the boat tomorrow, I’ll get you some lower speed wake pictures. To answer to your question though is yes it will clean up.

Padge

That setup was 900’s in the lockers, 1k in lead midship and 300 in the bow. Swell is 65 regular and 70 goofball. Center is always at 0 for surfing and 50 for skim. We ride anywhere from 10.8 to 12 MPH
    86 Supra Sunsport
    16 MB Sports F21