Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I have a good buddy who just bought a 2019 SL450 from the boat show, he has 14 hours on it and his boat broke down last week. Its in the shop the and it is in need of a new alternator. Indmar has recalled all 240 amp alternators on the 2019 boats with the larger alternator.
    Man that is a bummer. What was wrong with his boat to have it in the shop in the first place?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Man that is a bummer. What was wrong with his boat to have it in the shop in the first place?
    It was the alternator.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Is there a specific option you select on the build where they install the larger alternator? I ordered mine with the upgraded sound system and 2 batteries. I only have 2 hours on the bot from the maiden voyage and was going to take it out tomorrow to get a good chunk of the remaining break-in hours done then take it into the shop and the first maintenance. My dealer hasn’t called me about this yet so do I just call them with my VIN and they will know if my 2019 Max is affected? I really wanted to take her out tomorrow but now I’m kind of worried!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    It was the alternator.
    Did he have a problem with it or is it for the recall?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Is there a specific option you select on the build where they install the larger alternator? I ordered mine with the upgraded sound system and 2 batteries. I only have 2 hours on the bot from the maiden voyage and was going to take it out tomorrow to get a good chunk of the remaining break-in hours done then take it into the shop and the first maintenance. My dealer hasn’t called me about this yet so do I just call them with my VIN and they will know if my 2019 Max is affected? I really wanted to take her out tomorrow but now I’m kind of worried!!
    I am not 100% on this but it is sounding like it is just the 450 that is affected. Like I said don't quote me on that. Probably best to just call your dealer and ask them. I know someone else that got a Craz with a 400 at the same time I got my boat and he called his dealer and they said his is not affected by the recall.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Yup I just got off the phone with the service department of my dealer and he said it’s only the 450 motors that are affected. He said I would have received a call yesterday if my boat was affected as they reached out to all 2019 owners with the 450 engine. He also said they aren’t even allowed to sell a boat with a 450 until the alternator has been replaced. He said they have placed an order for alternators and they are in the process of getting them in to swap out. I’m sure all the other dealers are scrambling too. Glad I’m not affected but feel for you guys that are. He said Indmar is saying nobody with a 2019 450 engine should use their boat until it’s swapped. Apparently there may have been some fires.
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-17-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Did he have a problem with it or is it for the recall?
    He had a problem with the alternator...no fire or anything like that. It started up just fine, backed it off the trailer, the screens went haywire, it died, no power/wouldn't start, finally got it started off of bank 1 or bank 2.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Interesting, so all OEM’s using the 450 with that 240 alternator probably have a similar issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Another disappointing update. Went by the dealership, parts manager relayed from Jim Alexander at indmar “the large alternator is out of stock.” So I’m back it being weeks before I can use my boat. Super disappointed...
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Not so sure why a heavy duty alternator is even needed with two banks of batteries that always has a charged set. Besides, the large storage batteries like golf cart batteries do better on a slower charge much like you get from shore power. IMO, pop in the standard alternator and have them refund the difference.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD