Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    With all the talk of alternators being out of stock I figured I should call me dealer about my appointment on the 24th to replace mine and make sure they will have one for me. Turns out that as soon as they got the heads up about the recall they ordered 1 for every boat they had in stock and every boat they sold that is affected. So I am good to go and am really happy that they did that. Big Shout Out to Rinkers for being proactive!!
    I’m glad to hear your service department was so proactive. I’m in fact very jealous that they moved so fast. Mine on the other hand has been beat to the punch and I’m the one who gets to have a boat free start to my summer!
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Drew Tinker just shared this:

Indmar has begun a Safety Recall campaign to replace defective 230A alternators on all 2019 model year 450 Indmar engines in Moomba and all 2019 model year 400, 450 and 575 Indmar engines in Supra.

For more information see the attached link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1786...0264601045689/

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    I am not on Facebook. Is there any other relevant info in the post? Interesting that all the 400s in the Supras have the 230 amp as well. I wonder why the Moomba 400s don't?
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 05-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robo_Fighter View Post
    I’m glad to hear your service department was so proactive. I’m in fact very jealous that they moved so fast. Mine on the other hand has been beat to the punch and I’m the one who gets to have a boat free start to my summer!
    Ya man I understand your frustration with not having a known date that you can get it fixed.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I am not on Facebook. Is there any other relevant info in the post?
    Yes, Drew also provided this link:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ternators-2019

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Default Recent Recall (Alternator)

Just going to guess SC was far more proactive for all their dealers.

How SC shows priority to their star dealerships is a more likely scenario. What are we talking, 750 total boats and maybe only 60% are delivered...500 ish alternators won’t take that long to build and deliver.

Then it’s on your dealer to prioritize your repair, the good news is the alternator is easily accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I am not on Facebook. Is there any other relevant info in the post? Interesting that all the 400s in the Supras have the 230 amp as well. I wonder why the Moomba 400s don't?
    Supras have far more electronics.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Link says it’s broken. Does it work for anyone else?
    2022 Supra SL 400 ordered!
    2019 Supra SL 400 passed on for summer fun
    2018 Supra SL 400 Arrived and awesome!
    2014 Axis A20 - Sold to a great family
    1992 Supra Comp T6SM
    1999 Nautique Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    Link says it’s broken. Does it work for anyone else?
    Indmar discovered a potential issue which could cause the 230-amp alternator voltage regulator to fail. The voltage regulator failure may result in an electrical short circuit and may cause a thermal event. Indmar has begun a Safety Recall campaign to replace defective alternators on all 2019 model year 450 Indmar engines in Moomba and all 2019 model year 400, 450 and 575 Indmar engines in Supra. Notifications to dealers and registered owners have been sent by Indmar with instructions on what to do if their boat is equipped with the identified alternator. Indmar has sufficient stock of the new alternator to start and support this campaign.

What is the issue? The current voltage regulator installed on the 230 amp alternator part number 575018 may fail under certain conditions causing an electrical short circuit which could result in a thermal event. This failure may occur anytime the battery switch is in the ON position; the engine does not need to be running.

What is the risk? Should the voltage regulator failure result in a short circuit a thermal event may occur. Also the alternator could stop charging and the engine may shut down unexpectedly from discharged batteries. Batteries could also become over-charged resulting in damage. Do not start or operate the vessel until this recall is completed. Failure to complete these repairs may result in serious bodily injury, property damage, or death.

What will Indmar and your dealer do? Your dealer has been notified and will order the necessary parts to effect this repair. Indmar will supply a replacement alternator part number 575230 with an upgraded voltage regulator to eliminate the potential fault in the current voltage regulator.

How long will it take? The time required to complete the alternator replacement is typically less than one day. Due to dealer service scheduling requirements your dealer may need your vessel for a longer period of time.

What should you do? Immediately verify the battery switch is in the “off” position or disconnect the negative battery cables from the batteries until the repair is made. Please contact your dealer and request an appointment for replacement of your current alternator. Under no circumstances should your vessel be started or operated until the replacement is completed. If you need assistance locating an Indmar Certified Dealer you can use our Dealer Locator feature at www.Indmar.com or call us at 901-353-9930.

What if you no longer own this vessel? Please contact our Customer Service Department with the current owners contact information and we will send a certified letter to the current owner. If you have traded this vessel in please provide contact information of the purchasing party or dealer so we may contact them directly.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

The issue seems to surround the optional hi-output alt. Supra likely does the hi-amp alt by default, if other options, like the dual ballast pump system is chosen. Moomba on the other hand, may not. Some engine can be fitted with either the standard or optional hi-output alt

I don't believe any as I believe the 450 is a motor made for SC only. It is more a question of which Indmar engines use that specific alternator. The 450 is essentially a choked down 460 as it is the same in every aspect except the 450 uses a smaller diameter exhaust system.
    I always thought the 2019 450 was the 460 and they just called it 450 much like the previous 450 was actually the 440 that they just called 450 and the 550 is actually the 575

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD