Default Wetsounds Rev10s Cutting Out/Speaker Short Code

Purchased a pair of wetsounds Rev10s tower speaker and an wetsounds SD2 amp. Last summer was their debut. Since then I have been getting a speaker short code from the amp after a few surf sets at volumes just loud enough for the surfer to hear the music over my raptor engine with no FAE.

My first move last summer was to send the speakers back to wetsounds for warranty. Wetsounds claims they are okay. Reinstalled them and still got a speaker short code.
    Next move was to remove one tower speaker at a time to try to isolate which speaker or wiring was bad. Both produced a speaker short code individually.
    Next move is to rewire the speakers. Since my 2016 mojo tower is pre-wired for 4 speakers, I simply swapped the wires for the 2 spare sets. Still got the speaker short code.
    Next move was to replace the RCA cables. Still got a speaker short code.
    Next move was to replace the amp ground wire with a dedicated 4 ga wire back to the battery. Before this I had it wired to the common ground post that the factory amps were wired to. Still got a speaker short code.

The factory fusion head unit has a single set of RCAs that runs to the wetsounds amp, then I run another set of RCAs from the wetsounds amp to the factory kicker amp which runs the in boat speakers and sub. I understand that I lose zone control but the second set of RCAs from the fusion unit seemed to have a lower sound quality since they used a low to high level converter. To fix the zone control I ran a wetsounds control knob to the wetsounds amp that can adjust the tower speakers. I also have a similar kicker knob for sub control. I have tried multiple RCA configurations but nothing changed the short code, I went with this setup because it has the best sound quality.

The SD2 tower speaker amp is set at 50% gain, high pass filter @ 100hz, and stereo mode. The fusion unit eq is set to flat. My phone eq is off. I ran the amp at 30% gain for most of last summer but the music is hard to hear for the surfer and I would still get a speaker short code after a while.
    The SD2 will do 400W x 2 @ 4 ohms
    The REV10s are 300W RMS @ 4 ohms

Any suggestions for possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I have tried almost everything.
    2016 Mojo

Amp is faulty? Looks like you did everything but remove that from the equation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Amp is faulty? Looks like you did everything but remove that from the equation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was thinking the same thing.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Good point. I was hoping the microprocessor in the amp is "smart" enough to detect where the problem is located. I have an inquiry into wetsounds. I will have to see what they come back with.
    2016 Mojo

Wire both speakers to one chnl and run it for the day. If it still pops the code, move both speakers to the other chnl and run again

Are you absolutely positive its set to hi-pass? Full pass can over drive the speaker, dropping its impedance low. However, since you are running 4 ohm, you should have plenty of head room impedance wise. But always worth double checking the cross over by moving, then moving it back just to feel it drop into that HP detent.

id also want to monitor the amp's supply voltage while under load and even better, when it goes into protect mode.

Moving forward, id do away with the pass-thru RCA. Get a good hi to low, like the Kicker KISLOC, and run the in-boat/woofer amp on that other zone.

Head unit EQ settings?