Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I will add one thing to a question you had.
    Most sellers of '16-'18 can't wiggle because they are needing payoff. There are a few that upgrade every 2 -3 years and would take a better offer than the dealer will trade for.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by jobu View Post
    I love my Helix, but here the thing my Family doesn't ski, slalom or tube. We used to wakeboard, but surfing is so much fun that its become about 90% of what we do. For Surfing, the Helix is a flat out beast for a 20ft boat. The wakeboard wake is also amazing. My 2 cents is that it all comes down to what you want to do more so than fitting a boat you don't want to a price. Features that I think are a must have for a helix are: depth finder, 1150's in the rear, tower speakers, Bimini, and a sub. that's it. Your asking about wiggle room and I get that, the best deal I found was buying mine new during boat show season and getting as much throw in as I could get.
    I’ll second this, we love ours for the freeboard with young kiddos, I like the layout of the screen (VS behind the steering wheel), it takes on rollers like a much bigger boat, wave is great... and I bought mine and found a second for a friend (under 100 hours) for under $50k. Happy to help you look if needed, know of one in particular that’s built out and bottom of your range.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    I’ll second this, we love ours for the freeboard with young kiddos, I like the layout of the screen (VS behind the steering wheel), it takes on rollers like a much bigger boat, wave is great... and I bought mine and found a second for a friend (under 100 hours) for under $50k. Happy to help you look if needed, know of one in particular that’s built out and bottom of your range.
    Yes I would appreciate all the help I can get looking for the right boat, just let me know.

I should make a pitch for 23 ft. Extra room can sometimes make a difference. All these boats are great and throw great waves when the owner understands them and becomes familiar with their boats. The Helix is a great boat, I've seen it throw a great wake in the right hands, its compact and easy to transport and looks good. If you have a smaller crew and don't feel like pulling a lot of weight around every time, its a great choice and 60 should get you a late model, maybe even new. The craz is also a great boat, like most boats off the factory, you need to add more ballast, Looks good, extra space is nice, you'll be happy for it when you have a couple of families join with kids and no one has to stay on shore.

Now, the pitch for the Mojo. I have a '15. extra ballast, <&1000.00 upgrade, and upgraded the tabs to 2.0 for $380.00, and it throws a mean wave. When I clean it and use Quickie sauce, the finish looks like it came off the assembly line. The extra foot does not seem like much, but, I will tell you, it makes a difference with a big crew. The drawback is its heavier and, if you're gonna tow it regularly, you'll need a bigger rig. Otherwise you could probably find a like boat in this condition, that vintage for <55k, and for an extra $1380.00 U can stack it with the ballast bags and have a mean surf machine on the lower end of your budget.

But anyways, buy what works for you, what fits your needs. Any of these boats will make u happy if you do this right.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I should make a pitch for 23 ft. Extra room can sometimes make a difference. All these boats are great and throw great waves when the owner understands them and becomes familiar with their boats. The Helix is a great boat, I've seen it throw a great wake in the right hands, its compact and easy to transport and looks good. If you have a smaller crew and don't feel like pulling a lot of weight around every time, its a great choice and 60 should get you a late model, maybe even new. The craz is also a great boat, like most boats off the factory, you need to add more ballast, Looks good, extra space is nice, you'll be happy for it when you have a couple of families join with kids and no one has to stay on shore.

Now, the pitch for the Mojo. I have a '15. extra ballast, <&1000.00 upgrade, and upgraded the tabs to 2.0 for $380.00, and it throws a mean wave. When I clean it and use Quickie sauce, the finish looks like it came off the assembly line. The extra foot does not seem like much, but, I will tell you, it makes a difference with a big crew. The drawback is its heavier and, if you're gonna tow it regularly, you'll need a bigger rig. Otherwise you could probably find a like boat in this condition, that vintage for <55k, and for an extra $1380.00 U can stack it with the ballast bags and have a mean surf machine on the lower end of your budget.

But anyways, buy what works for you, what fits your needs. Any of these boats will make u happy if you do this right.
    I’ll second that opinion. If you plan on having any friends at all on in addition to your own family, 22ft and up makes it much more enjoyable. I bought our boat after being a boat whore to two families with moombas. A mondo and a 21ft outback (do t know where the extra foot is, feels just as cramped as the 20ft mondo).

When I decided it was time for our fam to get a boat, I really wanted a 23ft minimum, but settled for the 22.5ft max as I loved the freeboard (storage and wife who was nervous to navigate rollers in a ballasted/sunk boat like the older moombas...can barely tell the max is weighted it’s so y’all).

If it’s going to just be you and 2/3 others all the time, helix with a lot of warranty is awesome. If you are going to have 5 somewhat regularly, absolutely go 22ft if you can stretch it....and store it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2017-Mo...xas-96476.aspx

Saw this boat on only inboards that fits your bill exactly.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    https://www.onlyinboards.com/2017-Mo...xas-96476.aspx

Saw this boat on only inboards that fits your bill exactly.

Yep.. It'll be gone asap.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Yes, OZ was gone. S Bend and the Roswell Aviator. 2 towers that look fairly similar, not like the swoop forward design.
    There's a 2017 Craz in the fb group listed for 60k
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

you may be able to get a brand new helix for the money you are proposing.
    2019 Mondo