Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Don't even need the spigot, it will suck the bucket dry just by putting the hose in the bucket, just close the intake valve.
    No it won't, not enough suction. It needs the pressure through the spigot to get it primed.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    No it won't, not enough suction. It needs the pressure through the spigot to get it primed.
    You need to close the valve, mine sucks the antifreeze from the bucket from underneath the exhaust thru 20ft of hose.

If you don't close the valve or have one then you gotta do gravity feed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VDTTJ8jmxr3659xd9
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

You need to close the valve, mine sucks the antifreeze from the bucket from underneath the exhaust thru 20ft of hose.

If you don't close the valve or have one then you gotta do gravity feed.
    Close what valve?
    2019 Supra SL450

Close what valve?
    The raw water intake valve, follow the hose from the flush kit to the hull, there should be a ball valve. Be sure to reopen it after your done.

Now you wont have to carry a bucket of coolant inside your boat.

The raw water intake valve, follow the hose from the flush kit to the hull, there should be a ball valve. Be sure to reopen it after your done.

Now you wont have to carry a bucket of coolant inside your boat.
    I'm talking about using a fake a lake, not a flush kit. Using the fake a lake, there is not enough suction to siphon through the hose unless the hose is already full - hence the need to set the bucket on the swim step and use a spigot. No buckets of coolant inside the boat, either.
    2019 Supra SL450

I'm talking about using a fake a lake, not a flush kit. Using the fake a lake, there is not enough suction to siphon through the hose unless the hose is already full - hence the need to set the bucket on the swim step and use a spigot. No buckets of coolant inside the boat, either.
    Ahh... That's why I don't recommend fake a lakes. Instead just connect to the garden hose to the water intake hose, use the same hose for cooling and then antifreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    Also,
    I've always ran the engine on the water hose long enough for it to reach temperature so the thermostat opens. Then hook to the antifreeze source. Otherwise, you will only winterize the v-drive, & exhaust.
    Does the thermostat doing anything in a closed cooling system (half system) as far as winterizing? The thermostat controls the antifreeze/ water mixture(50% each) which is in a closed loop.You need to test the mixture for proper freezing point but that should be all? The antifreeze you are adding to the engine eliminates water from the heat exchanger and exhaust manifold and replaces it with the antifreeze. I am still trying to figure this all out myself.
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

Winston Salem
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by justflyinglow View Post
    Does the thermostat doing anything in a closed cooling system (half system) as far as winterizing? The thermostat controls the antifreeze/ water mixture(50% each) which is in a closed loop.You need to test the mixture for proper freezing point but that should be all? The antifreeze you are adding to the engine eliminates water from the heat exchanger and exhaust manifold and replaces it with the antifreeze. I am still trying to figure this all out myself.
    You don't need to use antifreeze with the closed cooling system. You just need to drain the water from the heat exchanger system. It's pretty simple now, just 3 twist plugs to remove and 1 hose connector. Don't even have to do anything for the heater either.