Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Indmar piece comes in 2 styles: angle (90')-fitting and straight-fitting.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    On my direct drive, I had a TEE ball valve that bypassed the thru hull on the bottom of the boat. On my Vdrive, I have a Flush Pro. Not going to ever mess with a fake-a-lake. With my luck, I'd get on the boat and my body weight would make enough difference to shift the boat's weight on the trailer and have it slip off. It's just so much easier to screw into the flush pro.
    Do your Flush Pro have the SS clamp in the middle? I read about the earlier model with plastic tabs, which sounds like they could be subject to break.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Do your Flush Pro have the SS clamp in the middle? I read about the earlier model with plastic tabs, which sounds like they could be subject to break.
    I'd have to look. I haven't had any trouble with mine and the boat's a 2008.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I'd have to look. I haven't had any trouble with mine and the boat's a 2008.
    Some of the guys on the MC forum were using them. That is where I read about it. Wanted to pass it along.
    2018 Supra SL400

Do you need high water pressure for the flush kit to work? My experience of various methods of flushing are that the raw water pump can pull quite a vacuum so just wondering if there are issues keeping the ball valve in place with lower water pressure. As where I keep my boat the pressure can fluctuate quite a lot. I have always wanted to fit a flush pro but haven’t for that reason.
    '07 LSV
    340 EXT CAT SS
    Probably the only one in the UK
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    I spent the money for the Indmar piece. Love the fact that it's super easy to use AND you can watch the water being pulled into the system from inside the boat.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Indmar-49-900...d=372411255092
    Bingo. Really like to glance back and confirm waters in there before cranking and while it's running.
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by STX View Post
    Do you need high water pressure for the flush kit to work? My experience of various methods of flushing are that the raw water pump can pull quite a vacuum so just wondering if there are issues keeping the ball valve in place with lower water pressure. As where I keep my boat the pressure can fluctuate quite a lot. I have always wanted to fit a flush pro but haven’t for that reason.
    No, Larry from Indmar actually said 1/2-3/4 of a normal outdoor spigot is plenty (and it is from my experience)
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by justflyinglow View Post
    Do you guys use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru when winterizing ? Can you use the fake a lake to run antifreeze thru the ballast system as well?
    Yes you can. Get a 5 gal bucket and install a spigot at the bottom, set it on the swim step and connect the hose to the fake a lake.

For the ballast system I just make sure there's no water in the pumps.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Yes you can. Get a 5 gal bucket and install a spigot at the bottom, set it on the swim step and connect the hose to the fake a lake.

Also,
    I've always ran the engine on the water hose long enough for it to reach temperature so the thermostat opens. Then hook to the antifreeze source. Otherwise, you will only winterize the v-drive, & exhaust.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post

Don't even need the spigot, it will suck the bucket dry just by putting the hose in the bucket, just close the intake valve.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead