Default WakeMaker Bag Install

Hi, I have a 2016 Mondo, everything works great so it's time to tinker.
    I have factory 750lb bags in each side of the rear and 800 up front. I'd like to swap out the 750s for the Wakemaker 1100s.
    We dropped the boat in this past weekend (water was a balmy 13 Celsius) so it's in the lake for the summer.

1. So, can the bags be swapped with the boat in the water? All I see when I look in the compartment is a hose going into the top of the bag and a hose coming out of the bottom. Am I missing something, it looks like I can just remove the 2 connections and swap bags? Like filling a waterbed.

2. Also, is there a way to speed up fill/drain times? Bigger pumps? Or is the hose diameter the bottleneck?

Thanks a lot.

Bags can be swapped easily. It's as simple as removing the red clips, pulling the connections apart, reinstalling new bags and vent, and locking clip back down. The hose on top is your vent and the hose on bottom is your fill/drain that goes to your reversible pump.
    As far a speeding up the fill/drain times, I have found that rather than just sit still in neutral waiting to fill the bags, barely put the boat in gear and SLOWLY drive around. This is what I do and after doing it a few times I had to change my timers because I was filling quicker so I know it helps. I was told it helps the pumps draw more amps or something but I know very little about all that. I just know it helps fill faster.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Bags can be swapped easily. It's as simple as removing the red clips, pulling the connections apart, reinstalling new bags and vent, and locking clip back down. The hose on top is your vent and the hose on bottom is your fill/drain that goes to your reversible pump.
    As far a speeding up the fill/drain times, I have found that rather than just sit still in neutral waiting to fill the bags, barely put the boat in gear and SLOWLY drive around. This is what I do and after doing it a few times I had to change my timers because I was filling quicker so I know it helps. I was told it helps the pumps draw more amps or something but I know very little about all that. I just know it helps fill faster.
    Because when you start driving and bump up the revs the alternator ups the voltage and your pumps run faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Did you not have success surfing with the 750's or are you just looking for an even bigger wave?
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    Did you not have success surfing with the 750's or are you just looking for an even bigger wave?
    I'm 200lbs, I can surf the factory wave quite well, just looking for even bigger!
    It sounds like an easy swap, that'll be my summer project.
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Because when you start driving and bump up the revs the alternator ups the voltage and your pumps run faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stazi comes through gain! Thanks, that makes perfect sense now.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

In keeping with the current discussion about power and voltage, I just added a 3rd battery, another deep cycle, to my boat this week. I have 2 in parallel for my “house” setup, for the stereo, plus the original single battery for starting. All batteries are connected to my battery doctor which manages the charging and usage. I don’t have a selectable Perko switch, just a battery cutoff for the main battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz