Thread: Electric Jack

Default Electric Jack

Anybody have an electric Jack on their trailer? I'm tired of cranking the jack myself but can't find much information on these. my current jack is attached to the side and it doesn't look like they make one that would fit there. The other ones are for the A-frame but I don't have a hole there? Do you have to get a welder to cut a hole in the plate? Will the plate support the weight?
    2015 Mojo Surf

Sounds like a custom job - you could have a fab shop reinforce it if it looks iffy. You'll have to do some repainting on the trailer though - what a pain.

I've only seen those electric jacks on RV's and they're painfully slow. My father in law has an electric - my trailer is manual crank - and I can beat him every time. Of course he can stand there with a drink in one hand and watch me work while his goes up....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

A friend has a F24 Tomcat and the trailer has an electric winch. Its a slick set up and it gos about the same speed as the manual crank. Personally I prefer to know when the boat is hung up vs having a winch just continue to crank and damage something.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Sounds like a custom job - you could have a fab shop reinforce it if it looks iffy. You'll have to do some repainting on the trailer though - what a pain.

I've only seen those electric jacks on RV's and they're painfully slow. My father in law has an electric - my trailer is manual crank - and I can beat him every time. Of course he can stand there with a drink in one hand and watch me work while his goes up....
    That's the thing. When it's 95 degrees and we come home from being on the lake all day, I would like to have that drink in my hand . I'm getting older and I like to work smarter, not harder. Can't believe there isn't a market for this, I can't be the only one that would like to push a button? For now I'm using jack that you pump up and down. Find that easier than winding the crank.
    2015 Mojo Surf

How about this... When we are done trailering the boat and back at home, I put a wooden block under the trailer tongue jack wheels (the truck has a 6" lift and 35s, so the jack can't go down far enough). Then I give it a few light cranks (no resistance) to get the wheels of the jack on the block. Then I walk back to the truck and push the button on the remote control for my rear airbags to decrease the pressure from 50psi (towing) to 5psi (not towing). as the airbags let out air, the truck lowers in height and usually the ball just pops right out of the tongue coupler. BOOM.

Likewise, I back up to the trailer with the bags at 5psi and when aligned, I push the preset to go to 50psi and raise the suspension of the truck to have the ball meet the coupler.

Pretty slick if you ask me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    How about this... When we are done trailering the boat and back at home, I put a wooden block under the trailer tongue jack wheels (the truck has a 6" lift and 35s, so the jack can't go down far enough). Then I give it a few light cranks (no resistance) to get the wheels of the jack on the block. Then I walk back to the truck and push the button on the remote control for my rear airbags to decrease the pressure from 50psi (towing) to 5psi (not towing). as the airbags let out air, the truck lowers in height and usually the ball just pops right out of the tongue coupler. BOOM.

Likewise, I back up to the trailer with the bags at 5psi and when aligned, I push the preset to go to 50psi and raise the suspension of the truck to have the ball meet the coupler.

My RAM had the air leveling suspension from the factory, this is exactly what I would do, it was great.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

That's awesome, that also means a new truck. I'd rather have an electric Jack for $200.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Quote Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
    That's awesome, that also means a new truck. I'd rather have an electric Jack for $200.
    Added or after market to our truck. ~$400 for airbags. ~$300 for the wireless controller. And it makes your truck tow better!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Though this isnt electric.
    It works very well, is unobtrusive and saves time.
    It comes in different heights and for different diameter tubes.
    We used one on our 2 horse trailer.
    https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/flip-jack-foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection