Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Most every underwater LEDs are sealed, non serviceable units. So no, no means to convert the lights to other colors or RGB.

Are the 2019 RGBs controlled through the helm system like other brands?

Now, can you remove the existing lights and install RGB lights? Yes. However, I have a feeling that the hardware does not exist on a 2018 (if RGB was not a 2018 option), to control the color changing through the a helm system, which is what might be on the 2019. We've seen this on other brands, that they lack CAN BUS to connect the helm system to the external RGB controller. So it would be necessary in theory, to swap to the 2019 helm system, in order to have that CAN BUS hardware, as well as the software.

From there, you would need the external RGB controller and upgrade the wiring to the lights, to accommodate the multi-color lights.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Most every underwater LEDs are sealed, non serviceable units. So no, no means to convert the lights to other colors or RGB.

Are the 2019 RGBs controlled through the helm system like other brands?

Now, can you remove the existing lights and install RGB lights? Yes. However, I have a feeling that the hardware does not exist on a 2018 (if RGB was not a 2018 option), to control the color changing through the a helm system, which is what might be on the 2019. We've seen this on other brands, that they lack CAN BUS to connect the helm system to the external RGB controller. So it would be necessary in theory, to swap to the 2019 helm system, in order to have that CAN BUS hardware, as well as the software.

From there, you would need the external RGB controller and upgrade the wiring to the lights, to accommodate the multi-color lights.
    That's kind of what I figured. Think I will just stick with the blue lol
    2015 Yamaha 242 LS - Sold
    2018 SL 450