Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I ended up ordering 2 jl 12w6, 3 pairs of m6 6.5, 1 pair m6 7.7, and two pairs of the m6 8.8 towers all with the rgb lights. They will be power by 4 m1000/5 with each sub getting 360 watts to each voice coil at 4ohms and each in boat it’s own channel so hopefully the system will rock and be crystal clear

maybe mla will chime in but 360 to each vc doesn't sound like a lot for those subs.
    each set of speakers on their own channel should make it easier to get a balanced sound amongst the mid/highs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

720W rms @12.5V and 800W rms @ 14.5V is a little above their stated RMS, but they can handle more. With that said, this setup has 2 things going for it. Twin 12" woofers (hopefully each in a ported enclosure) and each woofer chnl will be at 4 ohm. So thats a comfortable load.

Sure would be nice to have 2x the wattage to those 8" towers v's 4 ohm stereo, are they going to be bridged on 2 of the 1000/5?. Those things would shine then!

I’m gonna have the installer bridge the channels for the towers giving them 180 watts each. I decided to make the decision on this setup because I saw everyone recommending the 750/1 on the jl w6 and I thought if I could get my battery wattage in the low 13s I’d be very happy. But I’m excited about having the 7.7s if they will fit at my feet while driving and the other in the lower observers storage.(if they fit then I’ll just be downgrading to 6.5s which the installer is ok with since he just stocks the jl speakers. But a lot of guys on the mc forum have the m600/1 or 750/1 on the sub and a 600/4 on 4 towers. But I’m ocd and wanted the amp rack to be symmetrical. I also got worried about running lots of speakers to the one channel of the 750/1 and didn’t like the price of 600/4 so that’s the reasoning for my choices

I will be having them in ported boxes or one ported box but both will be at my feet. I was doing the math though on front baffle, port size, and recommended space and this will need less space than the 13w7 If mine math is correct and the installer was telling the truth. But I will be putting the factory recon speakers in a custom SxS top for my dads Father’s Day gift. But does anyone know what the reasoning is and if jl speakers have the same issues with having a odd hum in the speakers to do with rgb lighting like wet sounds?

The installer also wants to add a Rockford pmx instead of a fusion and add a Rockford transom remote

Quote Originally Posted by rpk2016 View Post
    I will be having them in ported boxes or one ported box but both will be at my feet. I was doing the math though on front baffle, port size, and recommended space and this will need less space than the 13w7 If mine math is correct and the installer was telling the truth. But I will be putting the factory recon speakers in a custom SxS top for my dads Father’s Day gift. But does anyone know what the reasoning is and if jl speakers have the same issues with having a odd hum in the speakers to do with rgb lighting like wet sounds?
    Its not speaker or brand issue. Speaker are simple passive devices and will reproduce what ever electrical signal/frequency that comes in. They cannot differentiate between music and unwanted "noise". The issue is typically a result of a PWM (pulse width modulated) frequency produced by the RGB controller when making certain colors. The PWM Hz finds its way into the audio signal path, and then reproduced by the speaker.

So any RGB integrated speaker can exhibit this noise when wired to an RGB controller.

2 jl 12w6's in a single ported enclosure under the helm would be quite a sight to see.
    you get that built post up pics. I struggled to get a single 12 under the helm in both my supra and tige.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Waiting on the boat to get in from Gregg Orr Marine and only time will tell how long the install takes. But I saw on another forum on here where a guy put 2 12w7 under the helm so I know the subs can be parallel and still fit. And don’t worry I’m defiantly going to want to show it off. I’m hoping though it’s all don’t before June 18th since that’s my birthday

I heard a video that Spokane audio did Facebook or instagram with 2 12w6s and I listened to it with my Bose headphones and that sh*t sounded perfect. They also did a g25 with 2 13w7, 4 8w7 in the bow, and 2 12s in the observers compartment and under drivers feet. It also has (20) 880s and 16 hd amps powered by 8 stinger batteries and not a single piece of wood was used. That video is only on Instagram but there’s pictures if you want to feel really broke hahahaha