Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenhall90 View Post
    I had been looking for 3 years to find the right boat. All I can say is be patient as hard as it is. The right deal will come about in due time. My wife and I just purchased our first boat, 2018 moomba Craz with 3hours on it for 68k. It came equipped with 900# bags in each rear and then the 500# bow bag and the G6 pump upgrade. We’re no professionals by any means but let me tell you it throws more than enough of a wave with just the wife and I in boat. Eventually we may add weight as our skills grow but for the first time/average surfer stock will do just fine for a season or two. In my opinion, go for the boat with the options that will suit you and your family the best even if it’s slightly over your price range you’ll be happier in the long run.

2018 Moomba Craz
    Good choice and price-point for that boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Good choice and price-point for that boat.

Yes we are extremely happy with what we got after waiting so long. Up to 7hours on it now so we’re almost done with the 10hr break-in point. Only another 15 before we have to swap out the “break-in” oil. Even the pups got over the idea of having to wear shoes after going for a evening cruise.

2018 Moomba Craz

Stunning boat! Thanks for the perspective and the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1 View Post
    Stunning boat! Thanks for the perspective and the pictures.
    Thank you!! I guess all I can really say is you’re the one making the payments on which ever boat you choose. Go with which boat suits the needs of your family. Whether that be price, performance, or looks I’m sure you’ll be happy with a new toy!

2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1 View Post
    Thanks for the continued comments. Is "Sight Unseen" purchase common/prevalent in boating circles? I think just generally we've steered away from that as it is a venture into the unknown. Would love to hear other experiences good, bad, or indifferent
    You can always fly out and check it out, I did that the first time. Now I don't bother but this is my 3rd boat and car purchase over the Internet. Generally, you can find a way cheaper boat out west, even factoring in flight, hotel and shipping.

You have to do your due diligence, a certfied dealer doing a water test is a must.

Also you have to pull the trigger quick, there's no waiting and thinking about it. If it's priced right it'll be gone.
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-08-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Also you have to pull the trigger quick, there's no waiting and thinking about it. If it's priced right it'll be gone.
    This is a good point. There was an SE on Facebook that was priced at $76k. It was sold in 1 day by the private owner. People were asking why that price, dude wanted it gone and that was his loan payoff.

2018 Supra SL400

What's the reason? I've heard the need more weight, but that is like any other builder.

I figure it's a starter-boat to get the person hooked on the MC brand, then spend more $$ with an upgrade.

A 20-footer has a limit on how 'good' the surf wake will get. Any brand.

I also looked at the nxt as i was coming from a mastercraft and was always happy. But the NXT isn't a mastercraft as far as i am concerned. Its the most boring boat of all. Very plain, nothing exciting, usually sold with the 320 hp motor (only option in the 20) WHICH is probably enough, but you get more with moomba. The tower on the NXT is hideous. The dash is nothing to look at and a bit thing that i noticed was you can't sit by the tower. The handles will dig right into the back of your neck. I did show this to one of the factory reps at a boat show and he took some notes and said it was quite obvious and that he appreciated the feedback. So who knows, that may change. But for the same or less money the moomba was better. You do get some of the MC quality but at the cost of "extremely boring" boat.

MC should have called it something else like BU and SC does. It screams cheap when its not really cheap. It looks cheap and plain. MC can do better than NXT. The dealer close me won't even order any for stock, says they just aren't that in demand.
    Last edited by jason1973; 05-09-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I also looked at the nxt as i was coming from a mastercraft and was always happy. But the NXT isn't a mastercraft as far as i am concerned. Its the most boring boat of all. Very plain, nothing exciting, usually sold with the 320 hp motor (only option in the 20) WHICH is probably enough, but you get more with moomba. The tower on the NXT is hideous. The dash is nothing to look at and a bit thing that i noticed was you can't sit by the tower. The handles will dig right into the back of your neck. I did show this to one of the factory reps at a boat show and he took some notes and said it was quite obvious and that he appreciated the feedback. So who knows, that may change. But for the same or less money the moomba was better. You do get some of the MC quality but at the cost of "extremely boring" boat.

MC should have called it something else like BU and SC does. It screams cheap when its not really cheap. It looks cheap and plain. MC can do better than NXT. The dealer close me won't even order any for stock, says they just aren't that in demand.
    *claps enthusiastically* AMEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    when its not really cheap.
    come on man... 59k all day*

*base price. price does not include options or addon's such as trailer, engine, steering wheel, seats, gauges or hull.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This is a good point. There was an SE on Facebook that was priced at $76k. It was sold in 1 day by the private owner. People were asking why that price, dude wanted it gone and that was his loan payoff.

When shopping in Feb., I spent a day in OKC looking at a list of boats, & 2 days in DFW area. Slalom Shop guy in Lewisville said they wouldn't negotiate more than $1,500 on anything used and all his inventory would be sold in the next 90 days, TX Mastercraft guy said, "if you find something in your budget in decent shape, buy it right away". Just confirmation it's a sellers market especially as the weather warms.

Last day in TX I drove out to BFE to a private seller. Boat was in decent shape and the price was right. Wrote him a check and drug it home that day. Most important thing once you buy, QUIT SHOPPING.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV