Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    come on man... 59k all day*

*base price. price does not include options or addon's such as trailer, engine, steering wheel, seats, gauges or hull.
    without a trailer, tower speakers and pretty much everything else on the check list. 59k was boat with 2 colors.. that's about all you got. . Even loaded up it was plain. And again, that TOWER.. terrible. And they upgraded it this year and that only made it 1% better than the year before. Trust me, i love MC, but the NXT is just a bad idea.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I also looked at the nxt as i was coming from a mastercraft and was always happy. But the NXT isn't a mastercraft as far as i am concerned. Its the most boring boat of all. Very plain, nothing exciting, usually sold with the 320 hp motor (only option in the 20) WHICH is probably enough, but you get more with moomba. The tower on the NXT is hideous. The dash is nothing to look at and a bit thing that i noticed was you can't sit by the tower. The handles will dig right into the back of your neck. I did show this to one of the factory reps at a boat show and he took some notes and said it was quite obvious and that he appreciated the feedback. So who knows, that may change. But for the same or less money the moomba was better. You do get some of the MC quality but at the cost of "extremely boring" boat.

MC should have called it something else like BU and SC does. It screams cheap when its not really cheap. It looks cheap and plain. MC can do better than NXT. The dealer close me won't even order any for stock, says they just aren't that in demand.
    Never been able to take a ride on one in the water and did not know much about them. The handles in your neck sounds like a 'great' selling point. I agree with most on here. The local dealer has about 4-6 NTX22s in stock and they are listing them for 98K. For that price you can get A LOT of MOOMBA.

I would assume if you are buying entry level and you want a MC, that person better be willing to pay b/c your right, it's not cheap. Nothing is for MC. Still think they are trying to "brand you into MC" by offering that boat, getting someone into the entry-level, them move you to the higher level if you are happy with the brand.

Not looking to smack-talk MC, a friend has a 2016 X30, love that boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

mc makes a good boat that at the top end in the x and xt series has top rate stuffs and have heard a couple of their models surf amazingly but the nxt was, as mentioned, a bad idea. if you have MC brand goggles it makes sense to offer a budget rate boat but part of the issue is they are making a budget boat and pricing well into mid-tier boat territory. nxt20 pretty well gussied up at mid60's would sell some. but a quick check on onlyinboards shows nxt20's new in the mid70's and up. that territory puts a LOT of better boats with more options/fit/finish into the mix. so now you bought a new one in the mid 70's. couple year old examples can be had in the 50's. do the math and you are paying more than other budget boats and have now depreciated to the same level. all to say you own a MC.

mj, you are correct in that the original plan was to get you hooked on the brand but imo most that can afford mc will not have an issue paying for the uprated models. really wonder how many of their clients in the last 5 years spend 70 on an nxt and in 3 or 4 years when trade in time comes have seen their income levels rise(or triple) to be trading on a x30.

heyday is the same model. introduce entry 20ft boat at 39k. problem is it's no frills so it doesn't weigh anything so it's not the greatest at surfing. now introduce a longer hull with more ballast capacity and still no frills. only now it's priced 60's. no brainer to look at other boats that will have more frills. polar bear reviews of the heyday say it surfs decently and was a surprise but price will kill it. bayliner will sell/shut down the brand in the next 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by sandm; 05-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Since this thread was originally about an A20 vs Mondo, and i was in an '18 Axis this weekend... WTF is up with their dash?! does ANYONE actually like that?! it looks like it belongs in a playschool car! This was about the first time that I spent any time in a nearly new Axis. It's a good boat, but it sure made me feel good about my Moomba! In rough water, it sounded like it was made out of paper mache. Everything that you touch (grab handles, switches, even the ignition key) felt inferior. I will say - I like surfing behind surf gate boats, and this A22 didn't disappoint. That is the star of the show. Their captain's chair was better too - but just marginally. It'll be hard for me NOT to seriously consider a Malibu when i step up to big boy boats, but I just don't see why anyone buys an Axis. I think i'd rather just have a loaded up Heyday and that's a fugly boat!
    Last edited by korey; 05-09-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

korey, funny you mention what you do.
    cousin came from an old tige and bought a new 'bu in 14. traded it in on another new 'bu in 16. 115k+(msrp in the 130's). after a year and 100hrs he was selling, complaining about the poor finish, panels loose/rattling and overall lack of build quality. materials were solid but not put together well. sold for nautty. he said the surf and wakeboard wake were one of the best he had ridden-making the comment they are not pro surfers knowing surfgate is not the best but solid wave and easy to switch- but felt they are too focused on profits vs quality. similar to your comments on axis.

now to the OP, show us pics of the moomba we all spent YOUR money on

OP here! Thanks everyone for the commentary. Beneficial stuff. I know we're all Mooba homers, but it good to hear that NXT and Axis don't hold up! We've definitely gained some perspective that potentially should continue to explore for Craz. Sounds like that extra 1.5ft makes a big difference in surf performance. Would we be crazy to go Mondo over Craz if we can get same year similar options at a ~$5k spread?
    Last edited by Bossman1; 05-09-2019 at 01:34 PM.

The only factors that i could imagine that would push you into a Mondo for the difference in price would be lake restrictions and storage. otherwise, the price is so similar, why not!?
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

if I had it to do all over again, 5k spent over and above what I spent on my original supra 20ssv to get a 22ssv I would probably still have a 22ssv.

korey is spot on. unless garage/lake says 20ft only, hold out for a longer boat. for surfing you will not be disappointed. if all you do is board, mondo is an amazing wake and I'd say save the coin.

That being said - i know what ANOTHER $5000 felt like when i bought my boat and it probably wasn't int he cards.

I know that it is not the main question, but I would also discourage the MC. This past weekend surfed my boat, then hopped onto my buddies X23 (which on paper in 2018 was my favorite boat when $$ was not a factor....I really dig those transom seats). Sometimes you should never meet your heros. Portside wave was absolute garbage. OK push, especially for stock ballast, and perhaps my buddy has not really dialed it in, but the wave was really disappointing. My MAX with midships was, granted subjectively, much longer, bigger, and more push. The thing tracked very well while surfing, I will give it that. Billet and vinyl nice of course. But no way I would take a NXT, because I no longer desire an X23, which should be much much better, after this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere