Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery type

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Just didn't want you to jinx yourself thats all...
    Thank you sir, I hate seeing people that need to be towed over something simple.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Sure thing, just in case you need them...lol
    I use them all the time, at least twice a year. Always some dude with a loud stereo, they go to start and click, click, click. Lol.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

The Supra manual says use 1 or 2 and only both if you need a last chance to start, also never turn to off while the boat is running.

The one interesting thing the manual says is use “dual purpose” batteries.

My dealer installed marine deep cycle batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    MLA, you have any thoughts on the Supra voltage drop pop and running all the time in 1+2 stressing the charging system or not? Could a larger ground be ran or even a cap added to maintain a certain level on crank up? I know mine isn't bad, but I have been on a few that sounds like everything is bottoming out its so loud. Can't be good long term for the system
    Is it correct in that the pop only happens when the stereo is on and you crank the boat? No pop if you turn on the stereo with engine off, or wait to turn it on after the engine is running? The recommendation to run on 1+2 seems like they are chasing a voltage sag.

First have to determine which circuit is falling out of sequence. Is it the IGN turn-on? (may not even be one). Is it the constant B+? Or is it the amps hitting their voltage threshold and cycling off then back on.

Both the ground and B+ share the load equally, so if one needs to be upped, both would, unless one is smaller then the other, which would be odd.

Load, or stress on the charging system is relative to the discharged level. So two batteries can be now more load to the alternator then one battery. Think of audio amplifiers. five 100W amps are in theory, no more of a load then a single 500W amp. Same with batteries.

A large stiffening CAP may "fix" the issue, but they can be a liability to the battery(s) on toys that are not used regularly.

Default Battery type

Only pops when you start boat with radio on.

I am surprised Supra hasn’t fixed this yet

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wonder if these new boats come with an ACR, or automatic charging relay?
    Does not sound like it, hence the 1/2/BOTH switch, the pop and the recommendation to run with the switch on 1+2.

With the DCP switch and ACR, the house loads are isolated from the engine loads, so there would never be a voltage drop on the house side, created by the engine side.

Supra does not recommend running in 1+2 mode.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Supra does not recommend running in 1+2 mode.

Not sure why having the switch and having HD alternator if they don't want to simultaneously charge all of the battery banks. I can see issues if one didn't know how or when to operate the switch. They should automate it then as the motor home industry has been doing for years.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Not sure why having the switch and having HD alternator if they don't want to simultaneously charge all of the battery banks. I can see issues if one didn't know how or when to operate the switch. They should automate it then as the motor home industry has been doing for years.
    You can install marine isolator, they're cheap, it automatically charges both batteries, but keeps the batteries separate.

One battery for your stereo and another battery for starting. You don't need to mess with the switch, it does it automatically.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Not the prettiest setup but I added an acr this winter to my 16 mojo, works great. Worth the time installing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315