Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAX Beam

Default MAX Beam

I have been looking up the Beam Measurement of my Max. The beam is the width of a boat Hull at the Nominal Waterline. The Max appears to be widest at the rub rail. I have called my Dealer, I have looked on the Moomba Website, and I have called Moomba Customer support to which I had the extreme pleasure of talking to a very dismissive %$# who begrudgingly informs me that the Beam of the boat is 102". OH...and apparently that is the in the manual as I was so scoldingly informed.

Great.....

Except The Trailer guides with Pads are at 98." Now, I may not be the sharpest Knife in the drawer, but I suspect you would be doing well to get 102" of fiberglass, through 98" +or- of steel.

Is SC counting the Extended Board Racks as the beam of a boat or the trailer?

On the website they list

102" WIDTH 102" WIDTH W/ TRAILER
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

The widest part of the Max is midship. Take a look at this aerial image and you can see the rear tapers inward. Most boats are often widest midship and taper in both ends of the boat.

When you measure your trailer guide poles it wouldn't surprise me they are less than 102" since the point of them is to keep the stern from kicking out. They aren't as wide as the midship.

The trailer probably is made to 102" as well or maybe just shy. It doesn't appear to stick out beyond the sides of the hull but rather tuck underneath it.

Last edited by haknslash; 05-06-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default MAX Beam

The poles have to be wider than the widest point of the boat or it ain’t coming off that trailer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    The poles have to be wider than the widest point of the boat or it ain’t coming off that trailer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's what I am screaming!
    2019 MAX

Why not just measure the widest point of the boat at midship?

My last boat I put the guides less than the widest point. Granted those were pvc guides but they worked perfect and yes the center would barely rub coming on and off. I never touched the guides on my trailer so no idea if they’re metal, move or are stationary. I suspect they move around even if metal.

Just measure your boat but I’m sure you’ll find it’s 102”. I know it’s a lot wider than my 96” beam was on last boat!
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-07-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

102” is the legal limit before you’ll need “wide load” signs. I’m sure the max width of the trailer fenders are just under 102”. That number is probably published to keep the DOT off their backs.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Why not just measure the widest point of the boat at midship?

My last boat I put the guides less than the widest point. Granted those were pvc guides but they worked perfect and yes the center would barely rub coming on and off. I never touched the guides on my trailer so no idea if they’re metal, move or are stationary. I suspect they move around even if metal.

Just measure your boat but I’m sure you’ll find it’s 102”. I know it’s a lot wider than my 96” beam was on last boat!
    1. The Max tapers up from the rub rail. It would be difficult to measure.
    2. I believe the max width of the trailer is about 102" or so.
    3. I just dumped Large $$$ on my 3rd SC product and was treated like an A-hole when I called to ask.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE BEAM OF THIS BOAT IS NOT 102"
    2019 MAX

lol grab a friend to hold measuring tape. It’s not difficult unless you have no friends. What are you going to do if it measures 101”? Return the boat lol? I’m kidding of course as I find the omg screaming a little over the top lol. It puts out a great wave and it’s a wide boat. Not really sure what the point of this is all about. Seems simple enough to go out and measure the boat with a friend.

What I do have a little gripe with is that on their website they list these boats come with 15” wheels but they don’t and all come with 14” wheels.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    lol grab a friend to hold measuring tape. It’s not difficult unless you have no friends. What are you going to do if it measures 101”? Return the boat lol? I’m kidding of course as I find the omg screaming a little over the top lol. It puts out a great wave and it’s a wide boat. Not really sure what the point of this is all about. Seems simple enough to go out and measure the boat with a friend.

What I do have a little gripe with is that on their website they list these boats come with 15” wheels but they don’t and all come with 14” wheels.
    Point taken.

No I would not return it, I just want to know if the boat will fit on my lift. I am dealing with a boat that is offsite at a remote property of mine, Me at the office, and water a bit to cold to go swimming around in to measure and deal with a boat lift. I knew for a fact that this boat is bigger than my last, but the technical beam measure is not listed. (I also know that 102 is not the beam.) I called to get an accurate width and try to save myself the $600 + or - the boat lift dealer wants to extend my guideons and bunks.
    2019 MAX

Ok now that makes sense why you need this number so desperately. I was sitting here like dang he’s pretty serious lol.

I tell you what, if I can I will try and swing by my dealer tomorrow I will get a exact measurement for you if that will help you. Depends on how hung over I feel from Tool concert tonight lol so no promises!
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-07-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold