So, KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Should have implemented this weekend. First time out in last weekend of April and noticed that my customary bump of the ballast drains once on the lift to clear any remaining water didn't produce audible draining from center/front ballast. Suspected that the center tank got no water and confirmed that this past weekend.

So, after wakeboarding a bit Saturday with my wife driving and having to fight the bow rise from no front ballast --- I commenced troubleshooting after Church on Sunday. First - inspect impeller; looked good. Pump turns, visually checked that it does with pump cover off. Commenced to trouble shoot all fill and drain lines even blowing through with air compressor checking for blockage. Then, when all had been exhausted reverted to original plan - put new impeller in. And Viola! Primed and ready.

This was confusing since I knew that worn or old impellers mean slow fill/drain times. Didn't know that old impeller could still function and look intact, but not prime at all.

So, KISS- always try this first if you have spare impeller; would have took my 2 hour job to less than 30 mins.