Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

That step looks good. I'd just do something about the extra threads sticking up above the nuts on the U-bolts. Cut them off just above the nuts and grind them down so they have a nice blunt top to them. Not something I would want to step on with my bare feet. Then put some gator or something on the trailer tongue in front of the step. You'd be set then.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    That step looks good. I'd just do something about the extra threads sticking up above the nuts on the U-bolts. Cut them off just above the nuts and grind them down so they have a nice blunt top to them. Not something I would want to step on with my bare feet. Then put some gator or something on the trailer tongue in front of the step. You'd be set then.
    Without a doubt, that is a good call. I actually have to change out the top nuts for lock nuts and bigger washers and then I will cut them off.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Without a doubt, that is a good call. I actually have to change out the top nuts for lock nuts and bigger washers and then I will cut them off.

You can get rubber caps too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I’m going to order one of these. Does adding ladder this mean I will need to be more careful with angles when backing up or turning around? How easy is the handrail to remove?
    Last edited by haknslash; 04-14-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

The handrail is very easy to remove. It is just 4 bolts.

It won't interfere with towing or backing up angles. I dont think it would be possible to hit it without jack knifing the trailer.

It may actually make backing up easier with no boat on it because you have another reference point sticking up you can see from the truck.

The only thing additional you may need to order is longer ubolts.

They come with 4" bolts and my trailer tongue is a little over 5" in height where it attached.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Square...8454304&sr=8-3

I also did pick up some split lock washers and bigger washers from home depot. And I did cut off the extra length like mentioned before which it looks way nicer.
    Last edited by htfit; 04-14-2021 at 10:51 PM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    The handrail is very easy to remove. It is just 4 bolts.

It won't interfere with towing or backing up angles. I dont think it would be possible to hit it without jack knifing the trailer.

It may actually make backing up easier with no boat on it because you have another reference point sticking up you can see from the truck.

The only thing additional you may need to order is longer ubolts.

They come with 4" bolts and my trailer tongue is a little over 5" in height where it attached.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Square...8454304&sr=8-3

I also did pick up some split lock washers and bigger washers from home depot. And I did cut off the extra length like mentioned before which it looks way nicer.
    Good info and thanks! This is going to make my life SO much easier at the ramp now, not to mention safer. Almost broke my leg last year slipping off the box of the Max and my leg landed awkward between the frame.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

interesting that the trailer isn't a swing tongue. wonder how it would install with that? I'd love to have a set but not sure it would mount up with the swing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    interesting that the trailer isn't a swing tongue. wonder how it would install with that? I'd love to have a set but not sure it would mount up with the swing.
    He emailed me a couple pics before I bought it. Both those are swing tongues. Mine is just the oddball that is not a swing tongue.

Last edited by htfit; 04-15-2021 at 10:03 PM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

that bottom pic is a long tongue and I see how it works on there. most wakeboats today are more like the mb in the first pic.
    I'd question whether or not that tongue can swing with the grab bar installed and interesting that it only has one of the ubolts installed. wonder if they have to remove it often or it interferes with some of the trailer mechanicals.

went out and checked mine out and don't believe it will fit. my nose hangs over the swing part and is lower on the trailer than the mb in the pic. tongue isn't long enough to mount the stairs and not have them hit the nose of the boat. maybe a 2 step but not 3.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have swing tongue and it’s long like sandm is saying. That’s why I had asked if it might interfere but I see you don’t have the folding tongue. It’s not a deal break for me if it would interfere with my folding tongue because we no longer require folding it for storage.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold