Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

I hear ya. I had to go super slow by hand or they would begin to gall. I took them off my Yamaha and they are sitting here waiting on the boat to be delivered. I may swap them out so I don't have to fight them for the 3rd time. Aside from the fastener issues I love my Boat Buckles!! Quick and easy at the marina.
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-04-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Installed with hand tool, can’t go any slower.

Stainless hardware from ACE with nylock nut was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Noted, I’ll make a hardware run tomorrow morning before I install. Thank you for the heads up!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I hear ya. I had to go super slow by hand or they would begin to gall. I took them off my Yamaha and they are sitting here waiting on the boat to be delivered. I may swap them out so I don't have to fight them for the 3rd time. Aside from the fastener issues I love my Boat Buckles!! Quick and easy at the marina.
    Would never seize help with the galling issue?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

She’s here!!

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Would never seize help with the galling issue?

I've not used Never Seize before but it would likely help.

From the article I linked earlier:
    Use a Lubricant
    Special anti-seizing or anti-galling lubricants can be used to dramatically reduce the chance of galling. Examples include MRO Solutions 1000 Antiseize, Permatex® Anti-Seize Lubricant, Finish Line™ Anti-Seize Assembly Lube and USS Ultra Tef-Gel®.

Even a standard lubricant, such as WD-40®, can help reduce friction and prevent galling. Some nuts are available with a waxed finish to reduce the risk of galling.

Why Fasteners Gall
    Why Are Stainless Bolts Prone to Galling?
    Stainless, aluminum, and titanium fasteners form thin protective oxide films on their exposed surfaces that prevent corrosion. In addition, this coating reduces friction and prevents direct metal to metal contact during fastening.

The protective oxide film can be rubbed or scraped off under the pressure and movement of the fastener being tightened. When this happens these relatively soft metals come into direct contact. Friction increases and the chance of galling increases significantly.

What Is Actually Happening?
    Thread surfaces have microscopic high points that can rub together during fastening. In most cases this does not present a problem as the points slide over each other without damage.

Under certain conditions however, the surfaces will not slide past each other. The high points will then shear and lock together, greatly increasing friction and heat. As tightening continues the increased pressure results in more material being sheared off the threads. This cycle continues with even more shearing and locking until the threads are destroyed and the fastener will no longer turn in either direction.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

We surfed!
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    We surfed!
    Ditto! And boarded...water a balmy 59F

--
    2019 Craz

12 hours in, finally put the domed numbers on haha

--
    2019 Craz

I denied the forecast and got out on Lake Cumberland in KY Sunday. At 3pm I was seriously doubting myself (56 and almost drizzling) but put the boat in the water anyway. By 5, the sun was out and I was in the water! 71 degree water and 71 degree air, summer has started! For any other Cumberland boaters, I can say that the water is in better shape than I have ever seen it in May (or June or July, better than last August!) thanks to the flooding this year! It's still up 5' or so, but it's looking like a great summer!

I only brought one board because I thought it was aa long shot, but I was int he water and surfing no problem!

I thought I had a problem with ballast pumps. the manual says to change impellers at 100 hours, so I bought a set this winter. When i took the first one out it looked good as new so I put it back in and didn't look at any others. When i filled up for this ride, the pumps stopped WAY before my bags were full. I cycled the pumps like 3 or 4 more times to top it off. I realized in the shower this morning that i bet i lost my timer setttings when i took the batteries out this winter. That only makes a little bit of sense though... you don't loose settings when you turn the batteries off at the switch... I guess I need to check settings and probably replace impellers. I had to bleed a lot of air too.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

How much weight are you running?