Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default May 2019 Pic Thread

Ceramic coating done on the Craz! Even though it only had 9 hours on it the polish really fixed some issues that dealer prep didn’t catch. Looks mint now!

Also got first oil change done yesterday, used the strainer/flush kit to warm it up...loooove heading this run out of the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt0520; 05-02-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Looks nice and shiny! I am probably going to try F11 on my boat, which I should finally be able to participate in these monthly threads hopefully soon

I plan to get the strainer/flush kit as well. I should have just added it on the build. Is yours the same one they use or did you use another companies strainer?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    Ceramic coating done on the Craz! Even though it only had 9 hours on it the polish really fixed some issues that dealer prep didn’t catch. Looks mint now!

Also got first oil change done yesterday, used the strainer/flush kit to warm it up...loooove heading this run out of the water

Looks OUTSTANDING!!!

What ceramic did you use? I am applying IGL Marine as soon as weather is 60f+

Fully polished with Rupes UHS and carpro Essence and ready for Ceramic

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Does everyone use transom straps when towing? Seems like it would put alot of stress on the platform. I'm assuming bc of the wake plates that there is not another tie down option?

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Does everyone use transom straps when towing? Seems like it would put alot of stress on the platform. I'm assuming bc of the wake plates that there is not another tie down option?
    was thinking the same thing on this install. the way those transom straps are installed- and I'm no physics dude but do remember a tad bit from school- that mounting point on the platform looks like it would add a lot of stresses to the swim platform mounts on the hull of the boat from the distance out.

kinda get a feeling with all the crap they add to the transoms of these new surf boats(and skiers is def. not the only one) that the transom straps are becoming more of an afterthought. my current boat is the same way.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Transom straps work great, cinch them down just enough to take slack out.

Easy peasy.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Transom straps work great, cinch them down just enough to take slack out.

Easy peasy.

agreed, it's the location on the platform that is the question. most transom straps I have seen/used hook to the lifting eyes as that's what they are designed/engineered for. all the surf stuffs hanging on the back of the boats is making that increasingly difficult and wonder if the swim platform brackets have been engineered to withstand the forces needed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    agreed, it's the location on the platform that is the question. most transom straps I have seen/used hook to the lifting eyes as that's what they are designed/engineered for. all the surf stuffs hanging on the back of the boats is making that increasingly difficult and wonder if the swim platform brackets have been engineered to withstand the forces needed.
    The platform is designed to take 300# with safety factor, I don’t see exceeding that with straps unless you over ratchet them.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My concern would be a pot hole that causes the boat to bounce. I also don't know the physics numbers so there may be more force at a different point on the trailer and the transom straps are fine attached to the platform.

You don't have to cinch them down super tight. Just snug so that the rear of the boat doesn't bounce if you do hit a pot hole or have to make an evasive maneuver. I'd rather have my swim platform take any damage than let my hull bounce around on the bunks.

After taking the tour of the plant this week and seeing the material that is used under the swim platform I have no worries. The transom is also heavily reinforced where anything mounts to it.
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-02-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold