Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Only carbureted engines have oil pressure activated switches for the fuel pump. The fuel pump in an EFI engine is controlled by the ECM. There is a small fuse holder with a cover that has three fuses. The fuse holder is attached to the ECM racket near the three relays. One of the fuses is a fuel pump fuse. you need to check it before you do anything else.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

The '07 didn't come with a low pressure pump. Many have added one to help with vapor lock issues.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    The '07 didn't come with a low pressure pump. Many have added one to help with vapor lock issues.
    That explains why I couldn't find it!! I did check all the fuses and relays.. finally gave up and took it to the dealer... I'll post the solution when they call me.
    2007 LSV

Did you troubleshoot the tether cord kill switch? On my 06 that switch cuts the fuel pump

I have the same issue with no power going to the high pressure fuel pump. Checked relays and can't find any fuses, just circuit breakers with red reset buttons. What am I missing?

After a couple of weeks, the dealer called me and quoted me $4k to replace the fuel pump, the ECU and the battery. The fuel pump runs when you connect it directly to a battery, so I don't think its bad. The battery is 2 months old and just needed to be charged.. I told them I'd come pick it up and wasn't paying $4k for them to repair a bunch of stuff that isn't broken. Not sure how to check the ECU, but maybe that's an issue. I did check the little fuses and all the relays mounted on the front of the engine.

I checked again today, and my meter reads .05v at the fuel pump. That doesn't change when you turn the switch on and it just drops a bit when you crank it. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.
    2007 LSV

I had a similar issue with my 1998 Supra. It turned out that I had a bad fuse link feeding the engine electronics with lower voltage. In this situation, the computer didn't have enough power to switch on the fuel pump relay. Before I replaced the fuse link, I got it running by bypassing the fuel pump relay with a short piece of wire. I would suggest checking the fuel pump relay and the voltage at the engine computer. Good Luck!

Check the kill switch with your multi-meter. It’s directly inline with the fuel pump

I finally got around to working on this boat again.. I sent the ECM in for diagnostics and he said it was totally fried. Probably due to a power surge or battery connected backwards. Got a new ECU installed and have the following really weird problem now.

I turn the key and don't hear the fuel pump run, so I put a meter on the fuel pump to see if its getting voltage and it magically starts working. As long as I have a volt meter on the power terminals of the fuel pump, it works perfectly and the engine runs.. as soon as I take the volt meter away, the pump stops working and the engine dies.

I think I'm pretty smart, but there must be some mystical electricity stuff going on that I just don't understand. Anyone have any ideas?
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    I finally got around to working on this boat again.. I sent the ECM in for diagnostics and he said it was totally fried. Probably due to a power surge or battery connected backwards. Got a new ECU installed and have the following really weird problem now.

I turn the key and don't hear the fuel pump run, so I put a meter on the fuel pump to see if its getting voltage and it magically starts working. As long as I have a volt meter on the power terminals of the fuel pump, it works perfectly and the engine runs.. as soon as I take the volt meter away, the pump stops working and the engine dies.

I think I'm pretty smart, but there must be some mystical electricity stuff going on that I just don't understand. Anyone have any ideas?
    That’s definitely odd. Could it be somehow grounding the fuel pump when your using the meter? What exactly are you hooking the meter too?