Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    Yep I need help also....
    I came from a 2005 Lsv that was maxed out for ballast and it threw a better "goofy" wave than the helix I just bought and I am super disappointed about it. I contacted wakemakers and purchased the 1050s Helix specific bags and the boat has the bow bag already installed, I have 250 lbs of steel behind the driver but still not happy with the goofy side wave. I have tried to add extra 400lbs bags to the rear and it just made the goofy side worse.
    I have tried about every combo of surf plate and wakeplate settings to get it how I want it but with no luck.
    I like to skim style at 11.3 mph
    24-30 feet of water.
    I have not tried to use autowake yet.
    Needless to say I am pretty bummed my old boat rolled a better wave than my new one and I am not a newbie to boating or wakesurfing so I am pretty frustrated!
    I would appreciate any help.
    Don't give up yet. Someone way more qualified can probably help, but I'll give it an attempt from what I have been told about my Mojo.

First off, use autowake. It will keep your pitch and roll numbers correct. 9.5* pitch roll is 5* for goofy. I don't have autowake and I wish I did. Fill everything up and then use your "extra" lead and bags in the bow to help maintain pitch so autowake doesn't dump ballast. This should get you close and then the experts will get your correct. My buddies craz with autowake has the port tab at 80%, starboard at 0% and wake plate at 5% when surfing goofy. Not sure what the helix would need.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Yep I need help also....
    I came from a 2005 Lsv that was maxed out for ballast and it threw a better "goofy" wave than the helix I just bought and I am super disappointed about it. I contacted wakemakers and purchased the 1050s Helix specific bags and the boat has the bow bag already installed, I have 250 lbs of steel behind the driver but still not happy with the goofy side wave. I have tried to add extra 400lbs bags to the rear and it just made the goofy side worse.
    I have tried about every combo of surf plate and wakeplate settings to get it how I want it but with no luck.
    I like to skim style at 11.3 mph
    24-30 feet of water.
    I have not tried to use autowake yet.
    Needless to say I am pretty bummed my old boat rolled a better wave than my new one and I am not a newbie to boating or wakesurfing so I am pretty frustrated!
    I would appreciate any help.
    I feel your pain and was very frustrated at first as well. I was told NOT to use auto wake at first until you get it set up. I have your same exact set up. (Wakemakers 1050’s, bow ballast, etc) You need more weight in the bow now. I have two 50lb (one on each side of the bow under the seat and bow bag). You will need to move weight to front as more people jump on the boat. 100lbs (two 50lb) on top of the bow cup holders in the middle. So 200lbs of additional bow weight.

Additionally I have 5 (50lb steel bags) under the seat behind the driver. Two 50lb bags are placed close to driver and the other 3 are on the ledge that connects to rear locker. I also have 5 bags laid out across under the rear seat and when it’s only me and one other person I will move the 3 bags closest to the port side and throw them on the seat in the rear back corner of the starboard side.

Finally, I have two 50lb bags under the port side seat.

Wake plate is 0, surf plate is 65. Hope that helps!
    This is only me and a driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforthelake View Post
    I feel your pain and was very frustrated at first as well. I was told NOT to use auto wake at first until you get it set up. I have your same exact set up. (Wakemakers 1050’s, bow ballast, etc) You need more weight in the bow now. I have two 50lb (one on each side of the bow under the seat and bow bag). You will need to move weight to front as more people jump on the boat. 100lbs (two 50lb) on top of the bow cup holders in the middle. So 200lbs of additional bow weight.

Additionally I have 5 (50lb steel bags) under the seat behind the driver. Two 50lb bags are placed close to driver and the other 3 are on the ledge that connects to rear locker. I also have 5 bags laid out across under the rear seat and when it’s only me and one other person I will move the 3 bags closest to the port side and throw them on the seat in the rear back corner of the starboard side.

Finally, I have two 50lb bags under the port side seat.

Wake plate is 0, surf plate is 65. Hope that helps!
    This is only me and a driver.

Thank you very much Liveforthelake! I am going to get the lead bags right away and add them to the bow to see what kind of difference it will make.
    I wont be at the lake until monday but I snap some pictures and post them on here to show you guys my progress.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Thank you very much Liveforthelake! I am going to get the lead bags right away and add them to the bow to see what kind of difference it will make.
    I wont be at the lake until monday but I snap some pictures and post them on here to show you guys my progress.
    Welcome.. I prefer the steel bags from https://www.swellwake.com/collections/wakeballast
    Instead of the typical lead ones. Good luck!