Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    iPhone EQ? Tell me more. Willing try anything. I checked mine and eq was off. Maybe try bass booster mode?
    I typically never use bass boosts in my audio systems as that's generally where you can easily muddy the bass and bring in distortion. You need to set your LPF cross-over and gain first in the amp and then go from there.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

My EQ was off on the iphone. To be honest wasn't even aware of that setting. So i guess the disappointment continues unless i can figure out something on the Amps.

does anyone have suggested setting for the amps?
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    not sure how the setup is from ws but I know that on the last couple tige's I have auditioned the ws factory sub in an IB location doesn't lend itself to earth shattering bass. it's the weakest link in the speaker chain imo.

good luck and hope you discover the magic bullet for the rest of the system but sub really needs a different model in a sealed/ported box.
    The biggest factor is the conservative tune chosen by the factory, more then the woofer being IB. although the two alignments may sound different, the output of a 10" IB and a 10" small acoustic suspension would be very close. Output as in moved air. In reality, on some of those hulls, the "IB" cavity behind the woofer is nearly closed. This actually works against the woofer, not in favor of it.

Unleash the 600W amp potential, I think you might have a different option of the woofer.

does anyone have suggested setting for the amps?
    Yes, leave them be until some other things are answered.

The sound from the sub is going to be difficult to fix. “Free air” subs can’t produce the low tones you are looking for. It’s just pure physics. There are several threads here where individuals have built custom enclosures around their factory subs. This will help. However, what are you listening to? The sub enclosure recommended will change too. Classical music, sealed. Rock, ported! Rap and hip hop, then bandpass is your choice. I used a ported box and had a custom grill put over the factory hole. Looks good and sounds amazing. Was easy too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The_Robo_Fighter; 04-30-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Unleash the 600W amp potential, I think you might have a different option of the woofer.
    doubtful. I've heard quite a few ib woofer installs over the years from many manufacturers/installers and none impressed me much.
    that ws offering is just a cheap way to get a "woofer" in a boat. same thing with the 8" free air sub hanging on the deck of our hyundai sonata. it plays a few low notes but runs out of gas easily and begging to be replaced by a 8 or 10 in a box in the trunk.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I dont get the cheap comment. By no means am I comparing it to larger woofers, ported setups, etc. Simply stating there is room for a power increase, and the woofer will perform MUCH more output, then the OEM. Just replying within your context of the new boat's OEM system.

I have the Pro with full wetsounds, and nothing comes tuned. As mentioned earlier, the amps is where I had to tune them, not the head. System sounds awesome now. Went from almost replacing to totally happy. Work on tuning the amps, the good sound is in there.
    2018 Mojo Pro
    Intense Green

Work on tuning the amps, the good sound is in there.
    Not if the OP has skewed the cross-over in the head, or the zone control is not attenuating the woofer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2018MojoPro View Post
    I have the Pro with full wetsounds, and nothing comes tuned. As mentioned earlier, the amps is where I had to tune them, not the head. System sounds awesome now. Went from almost replacing to totally happy. Work on tuning the amps, the good sound is in there.
    Care to share how to improve the system? settings? I am still at a loss. My stereo actually sucks to compared to just about any stereo out there. I would think for the price of this setup it would sound better. Mine sounds muted, dull, no pop, no bass. Sounds like a stereo in a base model chevy.
    2019 Mondo