Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    Care to share how to improve the system? settings? I am still at a loss. My stereo actually sucks to compared to just about any stereo out there. I would think for the price of this setup it would sound better. Mine sounds muted, dull, no pop, no bass. Sounds like a stereo in a base model chevy.
    @jason,

Are my post visible to you?

i can see your posts, just very unfamiliar with wetsounds amps. Looking for ideas. I have never tuned an amp before.
    2019 Mondo

There are tons of articles on how to tune your amps. adjustments from your head unit really won't do a whole lot.
    https://www.caraudionow.com/amplifie...tune-your-amp/
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

https://www.caraudionow.com/amplifie...tune-your-amp/

Jason. read this article. it'll get you going in the right direction. That's assuming you actually want to improve the sound. You've been given quite a bit of good advice on this forum for getting this thing sounding like it should. There's enough customers of wetsounds to guarantee you that you're not dealing with a quality issue of the product. you just need to take a minute and the initiative to dial the amp in. Additionally, you bought the boat w/this setup, right? and just recently took delivery? have you tried to talk to your dealer for any help in tuning it?

lol, looks like my google is working just as well as "shockthis".

also, MLA knows his isht. you should listen to him.
    Last edited by Pound; 05-01-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    2016 Craz

I haven't talked to my dealer about it.. Since this system is new to moomba, i doubt they would know anymore than me. Maybe i am wrong. My dealer is also a few hours away and was hoping to tweek on my own. Wasn't sure about making what adjustments etc...

Keep in mind, when i say my system sounds bad, i mean its pretty bad. Like it wasn't setup at the factory at all. I am guessing there is much more it can do. Also, some people on this post said "don't screw with the amps" as it will void warranty. Another concern of mine.
    2019 Mondo

literally the 1st reply to your original post gave you some great info about a pdf from wetsounds w/step by step instructions for set up. I just re-read this whole thread and saw nowhere where anyone mentioned voiding a warranty by tuning the amp/s.
    The only counter info in this thread is from MLA who is just saying to make sure you have the cross over freq's set properly at the head unit first before adjusting the amp.

MLA, do you have some basic guidance for where he should set the crossover freqs?

It's really not rocket science. Most agree that they are not tuned at all from the factory. Your dealer should have at least made an attempt to get this dialed in in their pre-delivery check/setup. but again, it's not as hard as you're perceiving it to be.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    i can see your posts, just very unfamiliar with wetsounds amps. Looking for ideas. I have never tuned an amp before.
    Ok, good.

So we need to go back to the head unit and start there, before moving to the amps.

Does the sub volume level actually control the woofer? As noted, you may need to place your fingers on the woofer to feel the change. We first need to know if this is the case.

Also keep in mind. The woofer's level is tied to the zone-1 level, so if zone-1 is turned down, so is the woofer.

Next, you need to go back into the head's menu and see where the woofer's cross-over frequency is set at. I dont recall Fusion's terminology, but we want it off or flat. Basically we want a full range of music leaving the head unit to our woofer amp. A mis-adjusted cross-over will render the woofer ineffective.

Once these are worked out, then we can move on to the amp settings.

https://assets.fusionentertainment.c...20170929155426

Read page 12. You may have a different model. but the MS-RA205 is what many come/came with.
    2016 Craz

thanks MLA. i am not by my boat now, but i will take a look. Appreciate the help. I am someone who has never tuned at the amp level in my life. i don't know about this stuff.
    2019 Mondo

MLA

the woofer does vibrate more and less on the volume knob. So yes, volume does affect its vibration up and down.
    2019 Mondo