Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

As a point of reference here’s the factory settings on the HTX6 (sub runs off of it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

If we are going to point fingers, dont leave out Fusion who supplied the head unit and Skiers Choice who installed all the equipment.

In all seriousness, id hold judgement until something is determined to be amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    good vid.. explains cross over. My fear is doing something and ruining my stereo or speakers by not knowing what to do.

Go to any stereo store and have them tune it. Well maybe not any but a reputable one. You say you have no idea what you are doing so let them do it and explain to you what they did. I have never seen anyone who knows nothing or very little about cross overs and amps be able to tune a system no matter what they read. You need to understand what you are doing and what levels and settings do what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not trying to start a brand war, as most of the bigger names are great. But when I had all Exile in the previous boat, I made a call to the guys and they walked me though it step by step. After a little help, my system rocked. My point is, you may be able to call wetsounds tech support for help instead of guessing at it. Beat of luck. There is a lot of knowledge in here.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

for some reason its not allowing me to attach a picture anymore. My amp is the same one as above.
    2019 Mondo

Whats the word on the woofer settings within the head unit?

Tune each channel individually. Most of the tuning is going to come from the amp. You can also adjust the sub intensity with the head unit. Hold the volume dial in for like 5 seconds and it comes up. Also for more bass, run hz lower around 50. You just want bass, not vocals out of it. Don’t go too crazy with the gain, you don’t want to damage the speakers. I have a 2019 makai, after tuning with the rev 10s and sub, it makes your insides shake when pumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also for more bass, run hz lower around 50
    This will not produce more bass, as in woofer output. Less then ideal cross-over is likely what he's fighting with right now.

any suggestions on the cross over setting? My boat is going in for a gel coat repair so i wont see it for a week.
    2019 Mondo

in my opinion, you may want to learn how to play w/this particular setting (some opinions may differ). Some sources, and some music plays/sounds different. The gist of this setting, as somewhat noted above, is that it sets the top or cap on what frequencies can be sent to the sub. and in a fully balanced system, all the components will complement the full system. So, for example, if you set the crossover frequency of the sub at 50 hz, and you have (not in your case) in boat and tower speakers that cannot efficiently or effectively cover the hole from 50 up to say 120-150 hz, there will be an apparent "hole" where the midbass should be. The Rev 10's however do a great job of reproducing mid bass (w/the 10" drivers) so not a terrible concern typically w/setting the cutoff frequency really low... again, unless your sub can't effectively produce the super low freq's. Although the tower speakers do play in the boat, they're designed to project behind the boat.

Tuning is all about balancing the system across the frequencies and levels for the entire system/zones and to maximize it's output for it's capabilities. WetSounds are very capable.
    Last edited by Pound; 05-07-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    2016 Craz