Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone disappointed with 2019 stereo with wetsounds?

i was setting up my boat this weekend and ended up working on the radio at bit. Trying to get it to sound good. I have the fusion head unit with 10" wetsounds on the tower.

The sub barely makes noise, just vibrates, and there is a serious lack of tuning available on the radio itself. Any recommendations? any help on how to get this to sound better? i had an order X2 with JL Audio that sounded about 10x better than this setup.

All i can find in the radio is Bass, mid, treble, and zones..
    2019 Mondo

I agree, it is a bit disappointing but I don't think they set them up from the factory. It looks like most of the adjustments to the new systems are on the amp only you have to remove the lower amp cover to access the adjustments. I did a google search for Wetsounds syn dx adjustments and there is a pdf that pops up with step by step setup procedure. I haven't messed with mine too much yet but was going to start here. From the factory mine sounded good when listening to the hip hop but not so good with anything else and I'm thinking I need to adjust the gain on the sub channel as well as the crossover settings while listening to my typical music genre style.
    2019 Moomba Max
    2007 Moomba XLV GG - sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius - sold

If you try to cross over the Pre-amp signal, you end just competing with the amp's settings. So no need for these setting in the head, just send out a full range signal, which the head does. Adding or subtracting a little BASS, MID and TREBLE is all thats needed IMO.

On the FUSION head unit, does the woofer zone level adjustment actually raise and lower the woofer level? May need to rest your hand on the woofer and feel for its change. Just note, woofer zone volume is a sub-zone of zone-1, so no matter what, if you lower zone-1, the woofer volume goes down.

i adjusted everything at the head unit for each zone. Still not impressed. The sub vibrates, but i don't hear anything coming from it. There isn't enough bass if you ask me. I have not adjusted anything on the amps, only on the head unit.
    2019 Mondo

I understand, trying to help. Answer the above as well as what Hz did you set the woofer at in the head unit unit?

Not sure if it’s at all like the Supras, but music source makes a huge difference.

Ie.....iPhone as source needs all EQ flat or some suggest the EQ off all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Here's video of the WetSounds F1 package (non-amplified cockpit speakers)l be sure you use decent headphones or have a sub on your PC otherwise you won't hear the bass https://youtu.be/_hHfCQuyGtE

I'd check the amp settings like suggested above and not change cross-over too much on the head unit until you at least know how the amp was (or wasn't setup).
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

not sure how the setup is from ws but I know that on the last couple tige's I have auditioned the ws factory sub in an IB location doesn't lend itself to earth shattering bass. it's the weakest link in the speaker chain imo.

good luck and hope you discover the magic bullet for the rest of the system but sub really needs a different model in a sealed/ported box.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Not sure if it’s at all like the Supras, but music source makes a huge difference.

Ie.....iPhone as source needs all EQ flat or some suggest the EQ off all together.

iPhone EQ? Tell me more. Willing try anything. I checked mine and eq was off. Maybe try bass booster mode?
    Last edited by jason1973; 04-29-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    2019 Mondo

Equalizer = EQ

You want your phone EQ off or flat as it causes distortion when combined with the EQ settings on a Supra system.

Took a highly disappointing Supra JL system and made it STELLAR after fixing my phone.

Night and day difference.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan