Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Arizona Boat Show?

Hi all: Next week, I am taking the family down to Phoenix for a little sun and warmer weather (we live in North Dakota). Was checking out the events for the 7 days we are vacationing and see that the Phoenix boat show is going on.

Has anyone been down there and attended? Is it worth going to?

Also plan to do some shooting up at the Buena Vista Shooting Club. Tried out the sporting clays course and the skeet ranges. Impressive sporting clays range. Plan to do a few rounds there as well.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I just moved from Phoenix. If you're into all types of boats, then it would be worth your time to stop by. I've been to it a couple times in the past several years, but not in the last couple.

I don't know how much warmer it's going to be in Phoenix right now, but I'm sure it's warmer than up north. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHeet
    I don't know how much warmer it's going to be in Phoenix right now, but I'm sure it's warmer than up north. Have fun.

In other news, Skiers Choice will offer a new option for those owning boats in the southwest. The new addon is a steel ice breaking wedge designed to allow year round boating activity.

Hey Dan,

Where at in ND?
    I am in Bismarck.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Grew up on Lake Sakakawea (parents are on the south side) and now reside on Devils Lake (Creel Bay). Don't ski DL very much, but spend time down on Wood Lake during the week.

On weekends, I ski a lake about 45 minutes from here and it is basically a secret. We have spent many Saturdays on the lake and we are the only ones on the water. It is about 2 miles long and down in a valley, so the wind doesn't push us off.

Dan

Sounds sweet,

I run the river most of the time. We get time in before work in the mornings and again in the afternoon/evening.
    I also have access to a private lake with about an hour drive.

Drop me a line if you ever make it to Bismarck.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

I will do that. Abuckomontobu frequents the sight once in a while and he and I ski together in the summer. He lives in Fargo, but his Dad has a cabin up here and then his father in law has a place on Potatoe Lake in MN.

He's a good skier and makes darn good gin and tonics as well!

Dan

Don't forget to bring your parka when you head to phoenix! Things look chilly.

I just found out we're spending Easter in Bismarck. Perhaps we could whip out the Dry Suits and ski with the polar bears.

Dude: You gotta change that name man. I can't spell it, hell, I can't even say it!!

Abuck. Let's put in for turkey tags and we can hunt turkeys in the morning and go waterskiing with Yellowmobiius in the afternoon.

Nelson Lake is heated. Can we get the boats in there? Haven't been there in years. If the outside temp isn't bad, we could probably do it with wetsuits and won't need the drysuits.

63 degrees for Phoenix tomorrow. Will still feel like a desert for this old North Dakotan.

Dan

A Buck-o to Mambo....Anagram for "Moomba Outback" !!

-J