Threaded View

Default Vinyl update complete, 2008 XLV

Well, my vinyl was pretty tired and was held together with tons of tear aid and vinyl tape.

Here was my old color scheme:

another pic. (ignore the air mattress in the middle, that's my "camping" setup)

I did the disassembly of the vinyl pieces. and brought them to the upholstery guy.

And about 5 or 6 weeks later I was able to pick them up. (it took 3 weeks just to get the special ordered vinyl).

In hindsight, it would have been better to have just brought the boat to the shop and let them do everything. I ended up having to bring back the boat and have them re-stretch all the front seatback pieces.

I went with the following:
    • Silver Carbon Fiber vinyl base color
    • Medium textured gray border color
    • Blue carbon fiber vinyl accent color
    • Black carbon fiber vinyl accent color
    • Blue Carbon fiber vinyl piping
    • blue thread for stitching

I also told the shop that it was cool to be generous with the darker accent colors. They took me at my word and did the rear sun deck with a TON of the darker colors. If I don't like it, I'll have him swap out some of the black for more silver down the road.
    Last edited by trayson; 04-25-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com