Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Vinyl update complete, 2008 XLV

Well, my vinyl was pretty tired and was held together with tons of tear aid and vinyl tape.

Here was my old color scheme:

another pic. (ignore the air mattress in the middle, that's my "camping" setup)

I did the disassembly of the vinyl pieces. and brought them to the upholstery guy.

And about 5 or 6 weeks later I was able to pick them up. (it took 3 weeks just to get the special ordered vinyl).

In hindsight, it would have been better to have just brought the boat to the shop and let them do everything. I ended up having to bring back the boat and have them re-stretch all the front seatback pieces.

I went with the following:
    • Silver Carbon Fiber vinyl base color
    • Medium textured gray border color
    • Blue carbon fiber vinyl accent color
    • Black carbon fiber vinyl accent color
    • Blue Carbon fiber vinyl piping
    • blue thread for stitching

I also told the shop that it was cool to be generous with the darker accent colors. They took me at my word and did the rear sun deck with a TON of the darker colors. If I don't like it, I'll have him swap out some of the black for more silver down the road.
    Last edited by trayson; 04-25-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So it's finally in. The pieces seem to fit together a little looser than the old ones. Not sure if that will change over time or not. It's also interesting that the lines from the rear seatback to the sundeck really didn't have continuity with the original vinyl, so without the boat, the upholstery guy wouldn't have been able to change up the OEM pattern to make the seatback to sundeck flow better. But it'll be fine.

I was told that what wrinkles remain will dissipate as the vinyl gets some sun...

And yes, that sundeck will likely get hot on a 90+ degree day, but we really don't get that many of those in the PNW and a big towel can be thrown over it pretty easily. and like I said, if it's a problem, I'll have a lot of that black taken out for more silver.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

www.TraysonsToybox.com

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looks so good Trayson….amazing what that has done to the look of your XLV!

Great work they did!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Looks awesome. Can I ask what total cost was?
    Debating doing the same on my 2010 Supra and have no idea how much to budget.

Also, if anyone knows of any good shops in the Houston TX area, would be interested in recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome color choices. My OCD would have left the middle of the seat back below the ski pylon silver. And the middle engine hatch silver with the small blue accents as opposed to the black cover. But, that is the beauty of these patterns there are so many ways to set up the color combinations. Looks so good, people are gonna think you're rockin a brand new boat!!

Damn! Looks like a new boat!!!
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Quote Originally Posted by manweezy View Post
    Looks awesome. Can I ask what total cost was?
    Debating doing the same on my 2010 Supra and have no idea how much to budget.

Also, if anyone knows of any good shops in the Houston TX area, would be interested in recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hit up David Langston for recommendedation in Houston.

Mine was gonna be $4k I'd I dropped off there boat I think. With me doing the removal and reassemble of the pieces in the boat, it was $3300. But then I asked the shop to install the front seatbacks in and that bumped it up $150.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Awesome color choices. My OCD would have left the middle of the seat back below the ski pylon silver. And the middle engine hatch silver with the small blue accents as opposed to the black cover. But, that is the beauty of these patterns there are so many ways to set up the color combinations. Looks so good, people are gonna think you're rockin a brand new boat!!
    Hence the fact that in hindsight I should have given him the boat. Without the boat he wouldn't have been able to really know that the oem patterns didn't line up like you and I would have envisioned. In fact, I didn't even realize the lack of continuity between the rear seatback she the sundeck until I got it all reinstalled...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Hit up David Langston for recommendedation in Houston.

Mine was gonna be $4k I'd I dropped off there boat I think. With me doing the removal and reassemble of the pieces in the boat, it was $3300. But then I asked the shop to install the front seatbacks in and that bumped it up $150.

Hence the fact that in hindsight I should have given him the boat. Without the boat he wouldn't have been able to really know that the oem patterns didn't line up like you and I would have envisioned. In fact, I didn't even realize the lack of continuity between the rear seatback she the sundeck until I got it all reinstalled...

That's the drawback off not having the boat at the shop for the install, when you install the pieces stuff may not line up or wrinkles in the corners or when seats are squished together. Still looks great, the only reason you notice it cuz you paid for it. Everyone will be in awe.
    Last edited by parrothd; 04-26-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead