Default Cost to Reupholster 1 Bucket Seat

I just finished removing all of the foam, vinyl and staples from my bucket seat to get it reupholstered. I called a shop and was told about $450 to recover the seat. Does this sound reasonable? Sounds awful high to me. I spent several hours removing all of those darned staples. Its from a 98 Mobius.
    20190415_094633.jpg
    She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius

I'm not terribly surprised. Yeah, you've done a lot of the work, but the driver's seat is the most complicated piece on the whole boat.

I can't tell you what the seat spec's out at. My boat is a 23' XLV and has a lot of vinyl. I removed everything from the boat and was quoted with him removing all the staples but with me doing the reinstall in the boat. Quote was $3300 for everything. He said he spent a LOT of time on the driver's seat (but it came out badass).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That does seem a bit high to me... Look around for Plan B. Depending on your colors you may get lucky.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ca...category/4532/
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I just brought all the parts for new upholstery, 23 pcs, the seat counted as two and was quoted $3200. The foam seemed to still be good. I think it is the fact of them having to cut new foam. I took out the striping in the original design and asked if he could add some more foam on the parts your legs fold over to give it a little more detail and not seem so plain and he acted as if he didn't even hear me. lol Yes, I think it is the foam added to the upholstery.
    Rick - River Livin' - 2003 Outback LS - Indmar Assault 350 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by rdtraveler View Post
    I just brought all the parts for new upholstery, 23 pcs, the seat counted as two and was quoted $3200. The foam seemed to still be good. I think it is the fact of them having to cut new foam. I took out the striping in the original design and asked if he could add some more foam on the parts your legs fold over to give it a little more detail and not seem so plain and he acted as if he didn't even hear me. lol Yes, I think it is the foam added to the upholstery.
    If you have the foam intact and viynl it may be cheaper. I use the old viynl/foam as templates. You need to shop around and get an in person estimate. Probably 350ish.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I just had my interior done and most shops in the Phoenix area would charge about that price. Only one shop I visited was dirt cheap but I didn’t get a warm fuzzy feeling they were using good materials.