Default New Moomba owner, need a little help on bags / pumps

Picked up an 06 XLV a couple months back. So far, gone through the audio system, oils, filter, spark plugs, sea strainer upgrade, trailer, packing, etc.
    Have a GPS speedo & new depth finder system on order. That should get us all done and ready for a good summer.

We took it out last week and began playing with the ballasts. Hoping to see where we should start trying to surf.

I'm not sure if the bags/pumps have been upgraded. It did have two bags T'd from the front bag that took up all the front storage. I did not like that they raised the cushions up of the boat when filled, so I took them out.

Do these look like stock bags to you guys? I didn't want to call up wakemakers for upgrades until the sizes of these are confirmed. The closeup picture is the front center bag.

IMG_0338[1].jpgIMG_0337[1].jpg

IMG_0334[1].jpgIMG_0292[1].jpgIMG_0342[1].jpg

I keep the boat here in my shop so any additional info I can gather to help, please let me know.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

My understanding is that on the Bags serial number the last 6 numbers indicate the Bag Size. On my boat a 07 Supra 21v it came stock with a 650 lbs front sack and 400 lbs sacks for each rear locker. The 400 lbs sacks have a serial number ending in 101670 or 10 x 16 x 70.

From the serial number I see in your picture 191988 I think that is close to 1200 lbs. I'm not clear what came stock with your boat.

On my boat I am running a stock front bag, 650 lbs, in each rear locker and a single gravity games front sac, 1200 lbs, up front. I also put a Fly High Pro X Series Center Locker/Rear Seat Sac, 650 lbs, on the rear seat and 3 Fly High Fat Bricks on the floor 155 lbs each.
    07 Supra 21v

okay, you scored! you definitely have the 1180 gravity games bag under the playpen locker. That's great.

You've also scored in that you have the reversible pumps and it's been upgraded from the crazy slow OEM pumps.

I would make a guess that the bags that are under your bow cushions that you didn't like are probably the old 400 bags that were stock in the rear lockers. Personally what I've done is taken one of those 400's and put them under my Port midship seats (from the cooler cutout to the battery box). most all of my friends and family surf regular, so port weight is key for us. I've taken the 2nd 400 bag and have it going from just forward of my battery boxes to the tip of that locker. It doesn't bow the cushion too bad. But then again, I put in a plastic ball valve from my local plumbing store that I can turn on/off the flow to my side bags so I can stop them filling when I want.

For the rear bags, I have 1100's. You'd be great with either 900s or 1100s.

For surfing regular, I run 400 under the surf side seats, 1100 port rear full, about 1/2 full in the starboard rear. 1180 full. And I get another 250 under that port bow seat.

While you can get away with just listing your boat, make yourself an inexpensive suck gate and it'll make your wave cleaner and longer. You very well could experience issues if you are running the weight and your platform is slammed in the water. I made my own 'surf platform' so that the edges aren't cutting into the wave like a shovel.

Feel free to ask questions. The XLV is a great boat and one of my favorite designs made by skiers choice.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikebu View Post
    My understanding is that on the Bags serial number the last 6 numbers indicate the Bag Size. On my boat a 07 Supra 21v it came stock with a 650 lbs front sack and 400 lbs sacks for each rear locker. The 400 lbs sacks have a serial number ending in 101670 or 10 x 16 x 70.

From the serial number I see in your picture 191988 I think that is close to 1200 lbs. I'm not clear what came stock with your boat.

On my boat I am running a stock front bag, 650 lbs, in each rear locker and a single gravity games front sac, 1200 lbs, up front. I also put a Fly High Pro X Series Center Locker/Rear Seat Sac, 650 lbs, on the rear seat and 3 Fly High Fat Bricks on the floor 155 lbs each.
    It's definitely the gravity games 1180.

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...enter-sac.html
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks guys!!
    Measured the locker bags, they seem to match the 750# dims.
    Fully intend to invest in a gate and will move people around to find where addl bags should go.

We’re split 50/50 on regular and goofy foot unfortunately.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold

Did the cat get stuck in the port side locker when it was getting filled up and leave a little splatter on the transom carpet or what?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

That's actually the starboard locker. I can't figure out what the heck it is! The stain starts at the hole for the transom remote wire.

This boat has been an adventure of cleaning, repairs, & service.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold

I've got a swell surf gate that I'd let go of if interested. Used for 1 season. In great shape.
    2018 Moomba Craz
    2001 Malibu Sunscape (sold)