Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boat mate trailer and brakes backing up

I just got my 2019 mondo, and what i noticed is anytime i am backing up the trailer brakes go on unless i am level going straight. But if i turn the wheel or am on a hill the brakes activate.

I used the key to lock them out but is this normal? i am able to back up level going straight. I have the round connector plugged into my truck, the barrel connector and all fuses are good.
    2019 Mondo

If you are plugged in the solenoid should deactivate when your reverse lights power up.

Sounds like your connector is not working or wired properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

do you have a solenoid on your trailer? not all trailers come with an electric reverse lockout.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I don't know. its a brand new 2019 from boatmate. It has the lockout which i used and inserted the key.
    2019 Mondo

You shouldnt have to use the key... I would start with your truck wiring.

My new 2018 was doing this when i brought it home last year. I found a loose ground on the solenoid under the tongue of the trailer. It was one little Phillips head screw with a ring terminal on it.

if that's not it, check for 12v between pin 7 and 2 on your truck when in reverse.
    Last edited by korey; 04-22-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Good pic/attachment
    2018 Supra SL400

No too sure what wiring your trailer has on it, but my 2017 Boatmate trailer came with a 6 pin straight connector that plugs in to a 6 straight to 7 round pin adapter then in the 7 pin receiver on my truck.

I turn on my headlights manually (on auto does not work) to disengage the trailer brakes when backing up.

Different.... but it works...
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    My new 2018 was doing this when i brought it home last year. I found a loose ground on the solenoid under the tongue of the trailer. It was one little Phillips head screw with a ring terminal on it.

if that's not it, check for 12v between pin 7 and 2 on your truck when in reverse.
    Between pin 7 and ONE. Not 2. I fat fingered that... don't let the pin for "trailer brakes" confuse you. That's for electric brakes like on campers and horse trailers.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I will check this, thanks for the graphic. My truck is brand new as well and tow many trailers, some with brakes and never has been a problem.
    2019 Mondo