Default Wake shaper VS surf system?

So Iíve only gone surfing behind boats with a wedge and suck gate/wake shaper. It really made a huge difference in how clean the wave was behind the boats with no surf system. My wife and I recently purchased our first boat (2018 Moomba Craz) with Autowake and Flow 2.0. Iím wondering with the surf system already equipped on the boat should I try throwing on a suck gate/wake shaper to clean up the wake or do I leave that part up to the Autowake and surf system? We havenít taken delivery of our boat yet so Iím not sure how good or bad things are going to look, just figure this would be the best place to ask.

Any ideas and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not hear about new boats with new surf systems running suck gates.

Most folks are adding the necessary weight and time to get the desired settings with your crew size. Takes a little time on any boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

That seems to what Iíve been reading, just add more weight and play with tabs/plate locations.

Search for the ďautowake questionsĒ thread and start reading.

You have a modern surf boat with an excellent surf system, just learn to use it and you will be thrilled.

2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

ive been on a stock craz and it sucks. you will need much more weight then let the surf system do it's thing. some patience, tuning, and time will have that wave killer with the right amount of weight.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

When you all say add more weight, simply 900 rear bags to 1100ís and front from 500 to 750?
    Or will I need to get lead weight placed around too? If so approx how much?

Keep in mind the wife and I are no pro surfers by any means but I understand that learning with the wake where itís suppose to be will make it easier.

110’s at a minimum in the back, 750 up front and get about 800# of lead to move around. That’s what the Rinkers guys run in theirs.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400