Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default need some good karma

well, moved to sin city a year ago. bought a house in a custom neighborhood and gutted to the drywall replacing EVERYTHING down to the last lightswitch. house had mountain views out the back and strip views from the front/living room- was an amazing property. bought a boat again last fall and went downhill from there. HOA sent 3 warning notices for having truck tire hanging off the driveway and 2 months into an application process couldn't get a 6x8 shed approved for yard tools so we knew they would never approve a standalone garage on the side yard(35ft wide x 80ft deep).
    so we sold. made a few $$ and are now on the hunt again.

been looking for 2 months.
    only have a few requirements:
    boat parking outside or garage big enough
    back yard east or north facing so we can use it during the day and not the size of a dog run(typical here in vegas)
    and lastly NO POOL. don't care about the rest of the house as we can live in anything and fix things we don't like.

first offer made. 86 year old lady. husband and disabled son both passed. she sat on offer for 2 days and when pressed to counter broke down in tears and yanked the house off the market.
    second house went to make offer. realtor took offer 2 days prior and never changed mls to show pending.
    third house accepted offer. older dude- wife passed and downsizing. we went to take earnest money to title company. instructions were to wire(never heard of that) and we took check. seller cancelled transaction since we didn't follow directions(mind you title company gave us the ok for check vs wire- they stated wire was odd). turns out they took a higher offer a day after we negotiated and all parties agreed to terms- they used the lack of wire to cancel the transaction. we think they wrote that in knowing there was another offer coming.

lots of big production builders here but none(we checked with them all) will modify a 3 car for us and anything under 500k are on 6000sqft lots not wide enough for rv parking on the side.

and here we sit hoping someone will take our money eventually..... this process is going to cause me to drink..... even more than I do.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sending good karma your way bruh

Our house is listed right now (15 DOM) but no solid bites yet so we are dragging our feet on new construction.

Without going fully custom, Toll Brothers is the only builder around here (with HOA approval) that will do a 9ft tall garage so we are at their mercy.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

toll has a nice plan we like and 3 car but they won't budge to extend the garage to the 27ft depth we need even if we buy the largest lot premium.

I feel ya, HOA’s are a double edge sword.

They suck when you have them and they suck when you don’t have them,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sorry brother, sending all the good vibes we can. Sorry we still haven’t been able to hook up, I haven’t had a lot of Vegas trips lately for some reason. This is heart breaking to hear though, one day I will move back to Vegas. So tired of SE Texas.

Are there no good storage facilities out there you could stick the boat that way you don’t have to live with it? I’m sure they’re expensive out there, but at the end of the day it’s nice to be able to put stuff out of sight! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I have a sister in Henderson and they have a 3 car garage and a detached 2 car garage. They plan to put their roadster on a lift and need to raise the ceiling of the detached garage which means modifying the trusses. You don't see any residential structure that stands out. HOAs don't seem to care much about what goes on inside the structures.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

sandm....your not gonna put up your own chain link fence are you?
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

chain link is not common here. now in wisconsin it was everywhere.
    block walls and wrought iron are the theme here. and I'm not putting up either.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    chain link is not common here. now in wisconsin it was everywhere.
    block walls and wrought iron are the theme here. and I'm not putting up either.
    Yep. Everything has to match. Nothing is cheap in Vegas except the booze. A must stop on our way to Sun City. Putting up a shed? It better be stucco and tile roof.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

sandm.....wasn't it you that once had a little incident with a top rail of a fence? Been a long time. Someone had a bar snap back and caused them some missing teeth.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)