Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMP Power Kit

Default AMP Power Kit

I bought a new Fusion Marine AMP for Kicker KMT674 speakers. My question is do you recommend a marine AMP power kit or is a normal car audio AMP power kit ok?

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I suggest you go A-La-Carte. Figure what you need and the estimated lengths, then purchase. A typical car audio amp kit is going to likely come with 20ft of B+, 2Ft B-, 20 foots rca and a cheap fuse holder. The crimp on open toed battery ends are poor. Your Fusion dealer or the Fusion Tech support should be able to assist with proper cable gauge and circuit protection amperage.

So, I was not looking to break the bank on upgrading my tower speakers. I got a good deal on like new Kicker KMT674 tower speakers but needed an AMP. I contacted Crutchfield and they gave me 3 options for AMP'S Wetsounds, JL and Fusion. I decided to buy the Fusion AMP from BoatID which was ~$90 cheaper than Crutchfield. Crutchfield recommended a 4 gauge / 100 amp power kit. The first speicalist recommended a $80 kit and the 2nd speicalist recommended a $160 marine power kit. I know the AMP I currently have is not a marine power kit. I don't want to over spend on something that is not neccessary.

2007 Moomba Outback V

Thats why I suggest piecing it together with the proper components for YOUR install, rather then someones idea of a pre-package "kit". Odd are you will end up with too much of something and something else too short. Any dollar spent there is overspending.

Most forum members were recommending knukonceptz online. That is the I went for install on mine 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Just steer clear of their oversized gauge trash.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Most forum members were recommending knukonceptz online. That is the I went for install on mine 2 years ago.

I've used Knukoncepts for the last 2 boats and 3 cars. decent value for the buck.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbyg88 View Post
    So, I was not looking to break the bank on upgrading my tower speakers. I got a good deal on like new Kicker KMT674 tower speakers but needed an AMP. I contacted Crutchfield and they gave me 3 options for AMP'S Wetsounds, JL and Fusion. I decided to buy the Fusion AMP from BoatID which was ~$90 cheaper than Crutchfield. Crutchfield recommended a 4 gauge / 100 amp power kit. The first speicalist recommended a $80 kit and the 2nd speicalist recommended a $160 marine power kit. I know the AMP I currently have is not a marine power kit. I don't want to over spend on something that is not neccessary.

This is very interesting that Crutchfield would recommend an amp other than Kicker when you are powering Kicker speakers. The KXMA4002 is a perfect choice for powering the KMT674.

Other than that I agree with MLA that you are best served buying A La Carte. A car amp kit usually won't do it by itself as the ground wire is too short usually.

Phil
    Kicker

I would add that you should look for Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wiring for the marine environment, rather than the Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) that most of the value offerings are.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I would add that you should look for Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wiring for the marine environment, rather than the Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) that most of the value offerings are.
    I just checked the Kicker AMP kit I bought on Amazon and it is OFC. Got lucky on that one.

2007 Moomba Outback V