Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoombaMAX View Post
    I'm a little confused... If the key is turned to the left to the "ACC" position, doesn't this accomplish the same thing? Why would the audio system need to be wired to it's own separate switch?
    When you go from the RUN to ACC position and then from the ACC to the CRANK/RUN positions, there is an interruption in the switched 12V turn-on signal to the head unit. So it shuts off and back on. This can wreak havoc with blue tooth. Sometimes its a short pause in the music, sometimes, you have to re-pair the phone.

Replacing the ignition key switch with a manual rocker switch keeps the head unit turned on, regardless of the position of the key.

If the key is turned from "on" to the "acc" position the stereo will turn off and then have to reboot again which takes a little bit of time. It's not bad but just kind of a nuance. If the stereo is hard wired then it always stays on regardless if you are turning the boat on or off.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

woops, didn't see MLA had responded.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Revive this thread. Since my original fusion HU died I’m installing the ra-210 and want to go ahead and wire directly to an ACC SWITCH to get it off the ignition interruption problem. I’m butt connecting the harness I cut from boat to new stereo but see old HU ignition red and power yellow are both together in the white harness (see pic). In this case I need to remove or ignore the red on this harness and take the new HU red to the ACC SWITCH, correct??
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    FAE

The head unit's red wire (not the boat harness red) needs to go your switched source. The head unit's yellow can connect to the boat harness yellow as it was with the original unit.

Ok, need some more help. I finished wiring it up tonight for a trial before getting everything tidy. It all works as it should — but the HU still loses power with key in off position. With key in ACC or Run, it works fine and using the ACC rocker switch I wired to will still cut power, but just no power when key in off position. I even confirmed with meter that the ACC rocker switch had 12v power with key off. With key off if I toggle the switch the indicator light will come on the rocker switch, but the HU does not power up?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    FAE

With the key switch ON or in ACC, put your meter on the yellow. I bet you have 12V. Now turn the key off, I bet 12V goes away.

MLA, if this is the case then should I reverse my red and yellow from the HU? In other words, make the yellow the “switched” wire at the rocker?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    With the key switch ON or in ACC, put your meter on the yellow. I bet you have 12V. Now turn the key off, I bet 12V goes away.
    Just checked and this is true.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    FAE