Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That is a nice storage option if you don’t have the land to build your own.

Granted I built my 30x48 pole barn 15 years ago, but finished with wiring, concrete floor and full storage loft upstairs was $15k.

I built it myself, but if I had a company assemble it it would have been $10k more.

Just $100k seems a little steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would have been stick built, not pole barn. The most basic pole barns that size are upward of $25k now, let alone ones with upgraded features. I'd have had probably $30k in site prep and flatwork, and I really don't have the time or ability to put up a 16' wall, framed building solo.

One other advantage is that I can rent it out if desired. That would be tough if it was in my backyard.
    Last edited by Shoebox; 04-13-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Doing it that makes more sense, especially if you really like your house and don’t want to move somewhere with more land to build a shop. Do you have to pay insurance on it as well? Sorry for all the questions, I just find this very interesting. I saw a picture of one that a guy had made a living room and kitchen in. What are the maintenance fees like?

The one drawback is there is no plumbing. But the facility shared restrooms are just 2 doors down from me, and I have a water spigot just outside my man door.

Annual dues are $500. That includes maintenance and snow removal. The facility provides insurance on the structures. I still need to check on contents insurance but most of the stuff in there has its own insurance.
    2019 Supra SL450

Default April 2019 picture thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    It would have been stick built, not pole barn. The most basic pole barns that size are upward of $25k now, let alone ones with upgraded features. I'd have had probably $30k in site prep and flatwork, and I really don't have the time or ability to put up a 16' wall, framed building solo.

One other advantage is that I can rent it out if desired. That would be tough if it was in my backyard.
    I understand, just trying to get a feel on what barns cost these days.

Is there an advantage to stick vs pole construction? I can’t think of one to justify 2-3x more in cost.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    The one drawback is there is no plumbing. But the facility shared restrooms are just 2 doors down from me, and I have a water spigot just outside my man door.

Annual dues are $500. That includes maintenance and snow removal. The facility provides insurance on the structures. I still need to check on contents insurance but most of the stuff in there has its own insurance.
    I feel like yours makes more sense than garages of TX. There is a sizable difference between 93k and 130k. However I do think the garages of TX come with plumbing for the units.

So on the weekends is just a bunch of guys and cars everyone? Garage doors up and people playing washers and corn hole drinking beer? That would be kind of neat if it was.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Part of the reason was I was eventually going to put in an apartment space over half of it, so it needed to be stick-built to code.
    2019 Supra SL450

I feel like yours makes more sense than garages of TX. There is a sizable difference between 93k and 130k. However I do think the garages of TX come with plumbing for the units.

So on the weekends is just a bunch of guys and cars everyone? Garage doors up and people playing washers and corn hole drinking beer? That would be kind of neat if it was.
    I just bought it in January, and nobody was around for 2+ months. I doubt it though. One guy still owns a sizable amount of the units and rents them to various businesses as storage, though I have started seeing more and more of my neighbors, and a buddy may be buying a smaller one in my same building.
    2019 Supra SL450

This is what I imagine except the Katy garages are full of Lambos, Ferraris & McLarens....

A lil more craft, a lil less PBR

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    This is what I imagine except the Katy garages are full of Lambos, Ferraris & McLarens....

A lil more craft, a lil less PBR

This is really ridiculous to me lol. I guess there is a market for it but I just feel like if I was throwing down money on lambos, ferarris and mclarens that I could have a property big enough to keep my toys at home and never have to leave. You would think the market for this would be upper middle class for personal use and anyone really for business use, I wouldnt think the rich would care too much to store their cars off property. I could see one doing really well in Houston however in an area full of expensive high rise condos where you want to live in that area but do not have storage for your stuff. There is still plenty of space in Katy you would think. Guess I need to broaden my horizons. Kudos to the guys who came up wit it, seems like it is working out well for them.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

For the guys that track day their exotics, I could see this making a ton of sense. Having room for a tire rack and space to swap DOTs for track rubber.

You are probably right though....lot of guys from inside the inner loop that are short on space.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    For the guys that track day their exotics, I could see this making a ton of sense. Having room for a tire rack and space to swap DOTs for track rubber.

You are probably right though....lot of guys from inside the inner loop that are short on space.

This is the one that I was talking about that had the full kitchen set up. I could live in there.
    David