Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    That's badass!!

Do you rent that shop space or is it yours?

There is a new company here in Texas doing these, selling garages.

https://garagesoftexas.com/

I'd love to do one but for now it's first location in Houston area will be in the wrong spot for me but I'm sold one the idea of a huge man cave/toy holder. Having a lift to work on things would be awesome too!!

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    On their website it says they have one in Magnolia, or is that just plans to build one there?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    On their website it says they have one in Magnolia, or is that just plans to build one there?
    Same as the one in Katy off 1463, it's gonna break ground at some point and they are starting to sell units now.

I believe the Katy one will be built first however.

Last edited by RC_Hinojosa; 04-12-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Same as the one in Katy off 1463, it's gonna break ground at some point and they are starting to sell units now.

I believe the Katy one will be built first however.

What does a unit go for?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

What does a unit go for?
    The cheapest one is $130K depending on size up to $220K. They all come wired and plumbed.

But it's yours, you own it, you can do whatever you want with it. Man cave lounge, TVs, beer fridge, vehicle lifts, English wheel, waterjet, 3D printer, your imagination and budget is the limit.

There are some pretty sick examples in the gallery for sure.

The cheapest one is $130K depending on size up to $220K. They all come wired and plumbed.

But it's yours, you own it, you can do whatever you want with it. Man cave lounge, TVs, beer fridge, vehicle lifts, English wheel, waterjet, 3D printer, your imagination and budget is the limit.

There are some pretty sick examples in the gallery for sure.

Yikes. Mine was $93k, about 1100sf.

Can't drill into the walls (can only use holes currently there for attaching the paneling), so my loft is essentially free-standing. Can do almost anything in it except paint vehicles, because the fumes will spread through the whole building.
    2019 Supra SL450

I think for that price I’d rather bump the cost of my house and have it on site. That seems crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Crazy is relative....seems like a whole lot of testosterone filled solitude to me.

The note is not that much more than most storage places but you're building equity.

Moot point for me, gotta keep a storage unit until my house is finished (Dec/Jan). Haven't had a chance yet to scope out new storage in the Cypress area yet.

I think for that price I’d rather bump the cost of my house and have it on site. That seems crazy.

It would have cost me about the same to build a 30x40 shop at my house. There are several advantages to having it off site:

The shop would have taken up a huge portion of my usable yard.

I refinanced my house to pay for it. If the worst happens, the bank can take my house, but I own the shop free and clear. Otherwise the bank would have claim to both.

Its not super convenient, but that's actually a plus, because everything that goes into it will have been deliberate. It won't become a catch-all like it would if it were in the backyard.

And if the REALLY worst happens and my wife gets sick of my shit and kicks me out, I have a place to go.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    It would have cost me about the same to build a 30x40 shop at my house. There are several advantages to having it off site:

The shop would have taken up a huge portion of my usable yard.

I refinanced my house to pay for it. If the worst happens, the bank can take my house, but I own the shop free and clear. Otherwise the bank would have claim to both.

Its not super convenient, but that's actually a plus, because everything that goes into it will have been deliberate. It won't become a catch-all like it would if it were in the backyard.

And if the REALLY worst happens and my wife gets sick of my shit and kicks me out, I have a place to go.
    Doing it that makes more sense, especially if you really like your house and don’t want to move somewhere with more land to build a shop. Do you have to pay insurance on it as well? Sorry for all the questions, I just find this very interesting. I saw a picture of one that a guy had made a living room and kitchen in. What are the maintenance fees like?

David

Default April 2019 picture thread?

That is a nice storage option if you don’t have the land to build your own.

Granted I built my 30x48 pole barn 15 years ago, but finished with wiring, concrete floor and full storage loft upstairs was $15k.

I built it myself, but if I had a company assemble it it would have been $10k more.

Just $100k seems a little steep.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan