Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    The wheels are NOT locked with the trailer disconnected.

    The wheels are free to roll forward and backward unless there is pressure applied to the tongue pushing back on the trailer. To prevent this from keeping you from being able to back up there is an electronic bypass that activates when you place your vehicle in reverse. The electric signal to the trailer reverse lights activates this solenoid bypass the brakes allowing you to back up without the breaks engaging. If you take away this electric signal the wheels will be free to roll forward or backward unless pressure it applied to the tongue.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    The wheels are NOT locked with the trailer disconnected.

    The wheels are free to roll forward and backward unless there is pressure applied to the tongue pushing back on the trailer. To prevent this from keeping you from being able to back up there is an electronic bypass that activates when you place your vehicle in reverse. The electric signal to the trailer reverse lights activates this solenoid bypass the brakes allowing you to back up without the breaks engaging. If you take away this electric signal the wheels will be free to roll forward or backward unless pressure it applied to the tongue.
    There is a lock out i am sure, is that correct? where you can place a pin so the brakes don't engage?
    2019 Mondo

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    rd is correct. I could move my old supra on a single axle around in the garage all day long and brakes are not locked up.

    if you have a reverse lockout you don't need what jason is indicating above. if you don't have a reverse lockout then backing UP a slight grade requires the use of the lockout device or in absence you can use a nickel(like anyone has change in their pocket anymore) and place in the slot on the tongue and trailer will back up without the brakes locking.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    There is a lock out i am sure, is that correct? where you can place a pin so the brakes don't engage?
    Yes. There is a slot for a special tool to fit into on the trailer that prevents the tongue from compressing the master cylinder when reversing. This is for emergencies where the solenoid fails or the signal to the solenoid fails


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Pro tip, chalk the inside of the trailer tires so you can pick them both up at the same time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Duh! Thx

    Hopefully a moot point soon. $80/mo indoor storage on gravel is opening up end of May. Woohoo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yes. There is a slot for a special tool to fit into on the trailer that prevents the tongue from compressing the master cylinder when reversing. This is for emergencies where the solenoid fails or the signal to the solenoid fails


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    or the rare occasion you DON'T want your surge brakes to engage. There's a steep ass hill near a launch on Lake Billy Chinook where I've locked out my trailer so the brakes wouldn't get smokin' hot minutes before I dunked the trailer rotors in the water at the launch... Yeah, it's hard on the truck brakes, but waiting forever for the trailer brakes to cool wasn't in the gameplan. So lockout it was.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    I wonder if boatmate has a recommended length of time to wait between driving to the ramp and launching the boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    good question rd and since it hasn't come up wonder if there really is an answer.
    I think most tow to the ramp and park for a period while loading up guests, coolers, etc so that might be all the time needed.
    is it really any worse than here in vegas or in phoenix leaving your boat trailer parked for a day at the ramp with the sun shining on it, then you drive at a faster speed across the parking lot to go retrieve the boat and back in? sun beating on a 115deg day has to heat up the metal and driving in the heat won't cool it down much.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    good question rd and since it hasn't come up wonder if there really is an answer.
    I think most tow to the ramp and park for a period while loading up guests, coolers, etc so that might be all the time needed.
    is it really any worse than here in vegas or in phoenix leaving your boat trailer parked for a day at the ramp with the sun shining on it, then you drive at a faster speed across the parking lot to go retrieve the boat and back in? sun beating on a 115deg day has to heat up the metal and driving in the heat won't cool it down much.
    Well, the only time I've locked it out is when it's a MAJOR hill going down to the launch (enough to use the Hill Descent Control on the F150). So the rotors would be HOT otherwise. I didn't wanna risk cracking them.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •